We are looking for an individual who is self-motivated, eager to learn, has excellent attention to detail and is keen to lay roots within a company who will progress their career. For the right candidate, a study package can be provided which will further develop the employee's skills and position within the company.
We have an exciting position available within our Payroll team for a dynamic individual to fulfil and make their own. It is a varied role in which the right candidate will be responsible for a number of tasks within the payroll function, including the implementation of new processes if required. This role is an excellent opportunity to start a career for a large company who are growing year on year.
In addition to the uncapped experience and training, this role also comes with a competitive salary and bonus structure, generous holiday entitlement and optional study package.
- Assist the Payroll team as and when required with the preparation and processing of a monthly payroll for a number of entities which currently stands at c.2000 employees, and a weekly payroll for one of our entities.
- Ensure that new starters provide a form P45, or if they are unable to do so submit a new starter declaration. Input relevant Tax codes and previous earnings into the payroll system.
- Maintain employee pay rates, payment methods, earnings and deductions, pay elements and statutory information data within the Payroll / HR system.
- Issue P45 forms to leavers and if appropriate process payments after leaving.
- Calculate, reconcile and input / upload all overtime and additional hours from various parts of the company.
- Liaise with Human Resources, Finance and other departments both internally and externally.
- Provide information and advice and answer queries from management, employees and external bodies when required.
- Assist with the completion of National Statistics returns on a monthly basis.
- General administration and filing of documentation in accordance with GDPR.
Keywords: Payroll Administrator | Human Resources | HR | GDPR | Payroll | Admin | Tax | Data Entry | Reconciliation | Reporting | Document Control | Data Protection | Communication | Northgate Arinso Resourcelink | NAV AccountingBenefits
A potential bonus of 10% (subject to scheme rules) * A defined contribution pension scheme * Life Assurance * A staff discount scheme (including a number of high street outlets) * Employee Assistance Plan
- Confidentiality - the jobholder must be able to deal with highly sensitive and confidential information in a mature and professional manner and in line with the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
- Team Working - good team worker who is flexible and adaptable to change whilst working under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently both individually and as part of a team.
- A flexible approach to working hours.
- Working with a 'Can Do' Attitude to provide both a first-class service to our internal and external customer's whilst also promoting the growth of the business.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, for all levels of authority.
- Ability to work in a proactive manner without high levels of supervision.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Time Management - the jobholder must be able to plan and prioritise their own workload in order to meet all relevant deadlines.
- Preferably you will have some payroll experience operating at payroll clerk/administrator level within a similar environment although not essential.
- Previous experience using payroll and financial accounting systems is desirable. Preferably Northgate Arinso Resourcelink and NAV Accounting, however, full training will be given.
Whistl are a delivery management company providing efficient, high-quality and competitively priced services across Business Mail, Parcels, Fulfilment and Doordrop Media both in the UK and internationally. Distributing more than 4 billion items annually, we are market leaders in Downstream Access Mail (DSA) services handling over 50% of bulk business mail in the UK.
Whistl is a Disability Confident employer and is committed to equal opportunities for all in all of our employment policies and practices.
Due to the nature of our business, this role is subject to a basic DBS check.