We provide commercial cleaning, security and soft services across a wide range of sectors UK wide. Trusted by commercial and institutional clients operating across a range of sectors including Corporate, Education, Retail, Industrial, Public sector, Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals and more. With a revenue of 2.6 billion euros and 90,000 employees, who dedicate themselves to supporting the safety, well-being and comfort of millions of people, we are one of the market leaders in professional service in Europe.
The business has significantly developed and expanded these services over the last few years by means of acquisition and organic growth. As a result, we are growing our home and office-based bids and tenders team.
KEY OBJECTIVE OF THE ROLE:
To manage the bid function and x2 staff to achieve successful conversion of sales opportunities by presenting the company effectively through compelling bid propositions with its core service lines; cleaning, security, facilities services, and chosen markets.
To achieve an average win rate of 33%.
- Managing the bids and proposals team.
- Managing workflow for bid writers, commercial manager, sales administrator and graphic designer.
- Motivate the team to achieve the company's growth targets through targeted actions / tasks.
- Engage with the Head of Sales to manage large scale, EMEA and Asset Management opportunities.
- Engage with the Business Development Managers and Directors to create proposal targeting regional sales opportunities.
- Participate in solution sessions and storyboarding for all opportunities to ensure proposals are well structured and present the company effectively.
- Ensuring the sales KPIs are being met
- Conduct formal performance reviews 6 monthly to identify / update development needs
- Create and deliver coaching and training requirements through personalised PDPs monthly
- Always seek first to support individuals by identifying areas of development required and implement training plans they understand to reach excellence.
- Maintain all information on the company's Salesforce CRM system.
- Compiling and analysing sales figures to include within all monthly Board Packs and as required by the Head of Sales and or SMT.
- Maintain the company's bid library and sales content.
- Provide accurate information relating to quote values, win rate and strike rate.
- Maintain awareness of best practice techniques in bid techniques and proposals.
- Identify any corrective actions necessary to achieve target.
- Clearly demonstrate you have achieved success managing a bid function within the facilities management sector with particular emphasis on soft FM services.
- Understanding on how to construct a team and individual strategies to secure bid success.
- Ability to demonstrate in a structured and processed way the ability to mentor and train a highly effective bid team.
- Nurture a success culture by leading, sharing knowledge and best practice - setting high standards.