Musselburgh, East Lothian
We are FCC Environment, one of the nation’s leading waste and resource management companies. Committed to sustainability, we strive to minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources wherever possible.
We own and operate more than 200 recycling, treatment and disposal facilities and employ nearly 2,400 people across the UK.
We’re currently looking for an Operations Manager to join our team in Musselburgh and play a key role in the management of our Energy from Waste facility and materials treatment plant.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme and life insurance
- Flexible benefits including high street savings, cycle to work scheme and Gymflex membership
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme and the Best Doctors Service
- Peer to peer recognition scheme
- Training and development opportunities
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a leader from an operation or engineering background to advance their career with our growing, highly successful company.
We operate throughout the UK, supporting waste management and recycling operations and bringing our unique expertise to support a better environment and better waste management practices. We now need you to play a vital role in delivering innovative energy solutions to our Lothian and Edinburgh operation.
You’ll discover a culture of innovation and a dedication to positive environmental processes as well as some great rewards and the chance to develop and potentially progress. So, if you are ready for that vital next step where you can really make an impact, this is the role for you.
As the Operations Manager, you will be tasked with ensuring the safe, compliant and efficient operations of our Energy from Waste facility and Materials Treatment Plant in Edinburgh and Mid Lothian.
Providing leadership, direction, management and personal development to the Operations team, you will lead the development and delivery of facility Operations.
On a day-to-day basis, you will manage, supervise, plan, and co-ordinate departmental activities to deliver maximum plant availability, flexibility and overall performance.
You will also seek to build a team working culture to support team members in their development and ensure close co-operation between teams to support productivity.
Your role will also involve:
- Managing out of hours Operations team cover arrangements
- Planning, developing and delivering the safe, effective and timely delivery of equipment and facility planned and unplanned outages
- Preparing and managing contracts for any external technical support
- Taking responsibility for departmental budgets
- Deputising for the General Manager as required
To be considered as the Operations Manager, you will need:
- At least five years’ supervisory experience in an operations and engineering function, related to steam-powered electricity generation
- Detailed knowledge of, and experience in, the principles and operation of process plant related to steam-powered electricity generation
- Detailed knowledge and experience of Electricity Supply Industry Standard Safe Systems of Work, Safety Rules and Permit for Work Systems
- To be a highly credible leader, with strong leadership qualities, exceptional organisational and interpersonal skills, and the ability to engage in, and develop, successful long term employee and industrial relations
- Experience in the delivery of measurable results through others, with the proven ability to select, build, develop and inspire strong teams
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Health, Safety and Environmental legislation relevant to steam-powered electricity generation
- Experience of working in a technically challenging and value-driven culture
- A good level of IT literacy
- At a minimum, an HNC in a relevant Engineering discipline
Other organisations may call this role Operations Supervisor, Engineering Manager, Engineering Supervisor, Plant Manager, Plant Operations Manager, Facility Operations Manager, or Waste Management Operations Manager.
Webrecruit and FCC Environment are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Operations Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.