Field Service Engineer
Grundfos is recruiting for a Field Service Engineer!
To cover: North/West London (Hayes, Wembley, Watford, Berkhamsted with some Bedfordshire travel)
Are you a customer-obsessed Engineer that has a strong knowledge of both electrical and mechanical engineering? Do you have a good understanding of pumps and a customer-driven mindset? Are you focused on the quality and accuracy of your work, always insisting on the highest standards? IF YES, then this is the opportunity for you.
What is the job about?
Our Field Service Engineer role it ultimately responsible for the execution, repair and maintenance of our pumps, for our customers. Working either independently or in a team to address the customers' requests in an efficient and professional manner.
You would need the ability to disassemble, inspect, trouble-shoot, repair and replace parts, along with being able to reassemble pumps and pump systems.
Moreover, you will be responsible for:
- Advise the customer about shortcomings in the total system ( preventing problems and offers a solution to these problems)
- Identify and provide solutions for service and warranty matters (special consultation with technical support may be required)
- Prepares clear and complete service reports and ensures that these are submitted on time (warranty claims, working hours FAS etc.)
- Registers the identified product quality issues in the systems
- Assists in project execution - installation support, commissioning etc
- Executes the agreed maintenance services and SLA for service agreements
- Provides feedback of relevant information to the respective stakeholders
- Prepares inputs for quoting out-of-warranty repairs
- Continues learning and development to build up hands-on service capability
- Masters the use of service tools and equipment
- Lives in Grundfos's core values takes responsibility for own actions and takes care of colleagues, partners and customers
- H&S awareness (shown through Hazard observation, Risk assessment accuracy and Safe system of work)
What do you need to apply?
The ideal candidate would have experience in the industry or comparable environment, A good knowledge of pump technology and ideally a technical education of electrical/mechanical engineering.
You would also need:
- Ability to work with processes or in projects
- Can easily adapt and respond to change
- Accountability, Customer Centricity and Collaboration
- Work Safety
- Can apply a sales mindset
- Business understanding
- Hands-on service
- Troubleshooting and diagnostic failure
- Service tools and systems utilization
- Digital Literacy
- Communication skills, with various stakeholders and customers.
- Time management
- Acts as a trusted advisor internally (Delivery Support, Service Sales , Sales PUs etc.) and externally (End users, Customers; ASPs)
Grundfos is the world's leading manufacturer of energy efficiency and intelligent water solutions with an annual production of 17 million units, offices in more than 55 countries and over 19,000 employees worldwide. Our skills commit us to pioneer solutions to the world's water and climate challenges and improve the quality of life for people. We dare to do things that others cannot or dare not do, as we believe innovation is not only a business opportunity but an obligation. And what really matters to us is not short-term profit, but the impact we make. By becoming part of our united powerful team, you too can drive this change no matter your role.
Furthermore, we offer you:
- Trusting, collaborative and friendly culture
- Endless learning possibilities
- International environment that value work-life balance
- Flexible working hours and a wide range of employee benefits and discounts
- Access to internal training and great opportunities for individual development
If this job sounds appealing to you, please send us your resume and motivation letter by clicking on 'Apply'.
We look forward to hearing from you.