ProTalent are currently working with a well established, multi sited, accountancy practice to recruit a Payroll Administrator for their Horsham office.
- Well established, well known and well respected accountancy firm
- Offer a full compliment of accountancy and business advisory services
- Happy, fun and expert team in a great working environment
- Wide range of loyal clients
- Fastest growing accountancy firm in Sussex
- Preparation of weekly / fortnightly / four-weekly / monthly and annual payrolls, within tight deadlines
- Must have a full understanding of all aspects of payroll including:
- Tax and NI Calculations
- Statutory Maternity/Paternity/Adoption payments
- Statutory sickness payments
- Student loans and statutory recoveries
- Understanding of taxable benefits and expenses
- HMRC requirements for RTI processing
- Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook skills
- Holiday Pay Calculations
- Basic understanding of Auto Enrolment
- Prepare payments by BACS for salaries and PAYE
- Submission of FPS and EPS for all clients each pay period
- Deal with a variety of client and internal queries
- Liaising with HM Revenue & Customs with client queries
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required
- Will have a sound background in payroll.
- CIPP qualification or membership would be advantageous.
- Must have bureau experience, either in an accountancy firm or a payroll bureau
- Comprehensive knowledge of payroll processing from start to finish preferably on Sage Payroll for payrolls of all sizes, being director schemes up to 100 employees.
- Be up to date with automatic enrolment
- Be competent with Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word and Outlook
- Be able to work independently reporting to their line manager
- Have good interpersonal skills and experience liaising with clients
- Work well under pressure and to deadlines
Thank you for your interest.