Financial Crime Operations Technical Manager
Even during these unprecedented times, my client a global leading financial services organisation is still very much "business as usual". They have consistently grown and evolved over the last year and this is something that they are not looking to change. They are now seeking a Financial Crime Operations Technical Manager, who will have the opportunity to split their working week between working from the office and home (once restrictions have lifted).
Your primary purpose in this varied role will be to provide technical support to the 1st line operations teams, encompassing assessing operational impact of policies and standards published by the 2nd line Financial Crime Compliance function and represent the 1st line's operational perspective during change initiatives. This opportunity will also cover a wide range of responsibilities including leadership, product oversight, change management, regulatory change and oversight, process improvement and implementation. In addition, you will also:
- Be a first point of escalation for technical queries or escalations, and oversight of AML related activities across multiple jurisdictions.
- Provide technical AML support for query management, exception / high-risk case sign-off, and engagement with 2nd Line Compliance teams
- Interpret financial crime prevention standards and application into operational processes
- Support the operational readiness activity and technical sign-offs for change initiatives
- Technical sign-off of 1st line procedures, in accordance with 2nd line's Standards
- Form part of the function's extended leadership team, and contribute to ongoing strengthening activity
- Provide guidance on governance structures within the Financial Crime Hub
- Aid with training of technical concepts and support in creation of training material
In order to be considered for this role it is essential that you possess:
- Strong technical AML / KYC Financial Services Industry experience gained, ideally with experience of both 1st line (Operations) and 2nd line (Compliance) environments.
- Prior experience of developing procedures and controls in order to ensure robust and compliant processes
- Willingness to take ownership and to delegate effectively
- A desire to learn, and the confidence to provide 1st line technical support to stakeholders
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, with a variety of stakeholders and levels of seniority
- Being an agent of change, including being adaptable to fast changing circumstances to facilitate efficient operation.
The position offers an excellent remuneration package including a bonus potential of up to 20% of basic, a non-contributory pension scheme, work/home split when office opens, free parking and a vast range of other benefits as well as future long-term opportunities.