Facilities Assistant x 2
Working within a bustling atmosphere as part of passionate team this role as a facilities assistant plays a core part in providing fantastic customer service. Amazing places like ours need a helping hand now and then. Welcoming a large number of visitors each year, our toilet facilities are crucial to the visitor experience. We need you to come and help keep them clean, tidy and well-stocked.
The Hours: 12 hrs per week (Mon - Sun) variable, with the option to work additional hours as holiday cover, hours potentially reducing in the winter months,
The Salary: GBP8.91 per hour
Duration: until 31st December 2021
Interview date 24th/25th JuneWe're looking for someone to start on the 1st July What it's like to work here
The Lanhydrock estate comprises a grade 1 listed mansion set in a 25 acre garden and surrounded by 910 acres of countryside. The property is presented today at its late Victorian zenith when it was the home of Thomas, 2nd Lord Robartes, his wife Mary and their large family who were looked after by a staff of 80. The property offers a fascinating insight into the workings of a country estate, both above and below stairs.
In 2014 the outdoor offer was expanded to include 14km of off-road cycle trails, skills area and a cycle hire business, cafe and shop.
For more information about our property please visit lanhydrockWhat you'll be doing
As a Facilities Assistant (General Cleaner), you'll use your initiative to work independently and methodically to clean our visitor and staff toilet facilities and additional spaces and maintain them to our high standards as a National Trust flagship property.
You'll help us ensure high standards of customer service are upheld across the property for all our visitors with a friendly and approachable attitude.
Please also read the full role profile attached to this advert.Who we're looking for
- Helpful & Friendly
- Customer focused with a positive attitude
- Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn
- A team player, but also can work on your own initiative
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Generous annual leave
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.