Reed Business Support is currently recruiting for a temporary Public Protection Licensing Assistant for our client in Norwich.
Our client regulates standards in privately rented homes and ensures they are safe for occupation, particularly in shared homes known as Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO).
Due to a significant increase in applications they are recruiting a new post for someone to process and administer the city councils HMO Licensing scheme.
The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support to the public protection and licensing teams in relation to statutory licensing function including:
- Processing licence applications and payments
- Maintaining an accurate list of premises to be inspected as they are identified
- Programming appointments and maintaining a list of future inspections
- Providing advice and guidance on licensing enquiries
- To produce regular performance monitoring reports from the council systems.
- To be responsible for processing financial information including invoices and payments to contractors.
- Administering licensing and accreditation schemes
- Evidence of continuing professional development within a licensing or legal related area of work
- Experience of working in a licensing or legal related area of work
- Experience of dealing directly with customers
- Ability and flexibility to work under pressure to tight deadlines and to organize and prioritise own workload accordingly.
- An understanding of the law and practice relating to local authority licensing functions
Working knowledge in one of the following:
1 local authority licensing functions including the Licensing Act 2003 and the Gambling Act 2005; or 2 HMO licensing requirements.
Please apply below if this role interests you.