Location: Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 1TL.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience and qualifications.
Contract: Full time, permanent.
Established in 1971, Lowes has an unrivalled history of providing Independent Financial Advice to a wide range of people throughout the country. Over the years the Company's personal approach to financial planning has helped both clients and Company to prosper and Lowes is regularly recognised as one of the UK's top 100 Independent Financial Advisers.
Purpose of the role
The purpose of the role is to undertake a wide range of pension administrative duties in relation to the processing of pension business for one of the UK's leading Independent Financial Advisers. The individual will be required to undertake the full range of pension administrative tasks and will be expected to learn and implement new procedures as they are introduced.
Specific tasks and attributes include:
N.B. This list is not exhaustive and is to be used as a guide to the main duties and responsibilities of the post-holder and is subject to change in accordance with the needs of the business.
• Liaising with Consultants, Clients and Providers in respect of various aspects of pension administration by telephone, email, or written correspondence.
• Showing attention to detail when checking client applications for accuracy and identifying errors and omissions.
• Processing various pension applications including pension contributions, pension switches and pension transfers, income payments and lump sums.
• Creating Proforma / covering letters and forwarding paper application details to the appropriate provider.
• Processing online application forms.
• Sending acknowledgement letters to clients detailing plan details and fees.
• Inputting application details into Intelliflo Office and adding fees charged.
• Processing sell-downs and transactions in connection with SIPP cash management.
• Processing fund switches.
• Prioritising workloads to ensure all activities are completed quickly, in a compliant fashion and to a high standard including chasing overdue/outstanding items with 3rd party providers (including Defined Contribution and Defined Benefits Transfers) and updating the plan details and diary activities on Intelliflo Office, as necessary.
• Dealing with Pensions Administration Team's incoming mail and processing outgoing mail.
• Checking the accuracy of on-line and paper annual statements and contract notes (updating units on Intelliflo Office).
• Assist with good customer outcomes and with particular reference to the 5 FCA conduct rules.
• Any other duties that may be reasonably required.
What we need from you
• Experience: The post holder should have a minimum of 2 years' experience in financial services preferably within an IFA environment. Candidates need to have previous experience of working within the pension industry, ideally having dealt with pension transfer administration and income drawdown. It would be advantageous if the post-holder has experience of a financial services back-office system, ideally Intelliflo Office or similar.
• Education, Training and Qualifications: Computer literate, including Microsoft Office packages, internet, email systems.
• Skills & Knowledge: Strong Pension Administration skills including the following: -
• Excellent organisational and time-management skills
• Pension processing experience
• Platform Provider experience
• Keeping accurate records
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Enthusiastic and can-do attitude
• Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with a range of individuals
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be successful in this role then click "apply" to submit your up to date CV and a cover letter detailing your salary expectations.
Closing date for applications is 28th May. Shortlisted candidates will be notified shortly thereafter. If you do not receive notification by 3rd June your application has been unsuccessful.