On -Site IT Support Engineer
On- Site IT Support Engineer - Southampton - GBP160-170p/d
Technologies you will work with in this position - Windows 7/10, Windows Server 2008/2012, Office 365, Active Directory, Hardware/Software Fault diagnostics, Infrastructure, and Desktop Support
Established company are seeking an On-Site IT Support Engineer to be the sole point on contact supported by a broader IT department based in head office. This role is on site due to the nature of the work.
Working as a key player alongside a broader team your work will Include the support of all onsite IT Services - a mix of BAU and Project work. Your key tasks will root cause analysis, troubleshooting and resolving end user queries across all end user devices as well as and Maintenance activities for the team and on-going Root Cause Analysis. Some exposure to Server technologies would be a big plus.
Your Key technical expertise will include
- Exposure to Windows and MS Technologies, eg Windows 7/10, Server 2008/2012
- Experience with Active Directory, MS Exchange
- Desktop Support and End user Services
- Printer Support
- Basic Network support and configuration - Patching etc
Your key requirements will include:
- Experience in the BAU, Shared Services or Commercial IT Services operation
- Confident in fault diagnosis across technologies & platforms and experience of rectifying faults within SLAs
- Exposure to monitoring and maintenance of internal IT systems platforms possible even Servers.
- Maintaining monitoring tools and systems
- Knowledge and experience across maintenance tool sets.
- Ability to competently act as the technical point contact of escalation for incidents
- The ability to Investigate potential future technologies and solutions that may benefit the IT and hosting, storage or operating system estate
- Exposure to anti-virus solutions. Symantec, McAfee
- AD, Group Policy
For the successful candidate the client will offer a secure and stable working environment