Energy and Controls Centre Technician
Centrica Business Solutions UK&I brings together expertise from our UK and US businesses and works to deliver innovative distributed energy solutions. Within the newly formed Centrica Business Solutions (CBS), we have an exciting opportunity for an Energy & Controls Centre Technician.
This role is primarily based in Windsor. However, having taken some learnings from recent global events, Centrica is adopting a more flexible approach to working hours and locations. A blend of office and home working will be considered for this vacancy.
The role focuses on data captured from a range of remote assets including Building Energy Management Systems (BEMS), Combined Heat and Power units (CHP), Ground Source Heat Pumps (GSHP), battery installations.
The role would suit a candidate who possesses the skills necessary to effectively interpret data from multiple sources, identify anomalies in the data and asset operation which may impact efficiency, then design and implement technical solutions.
Reporting and presentation of the process of investigation and suggested solutions is vitally important. The role is heavily dependent upon verbal communications and the use of Windows software will be required daily.
- Providing professional, concise communications to a variety of internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Managing and prioritising incoming support requests to comply with relevant service level agreements (SLAs)
- Ensuring customer requirements are documented and communicated to all relevant personnel
- Managing customer assets to maximise efficiency in line with contractual terms
- Identifying opportunities of energy saving initiatives across a customer portfolio
- Maintain accurate records of all tasks undertaken on our internal web-based monitoring tool
- Analysing controls strategy and historic data to perform root cause analysis
- Adhering to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
- Developing HVAC, buildings controls and asset optimisation knowledge
- Working efficiently in an SLA driven team environment
- Producing reports and presenting findings to internal and external personnel
Experience in one of the functional areas below is essential, exposure to more than one is beneficial:
- BEMS engineering and/or support experience
- Remote support centre environment
- Asset management experience (CHP, GSHP, Battery, PV)
- Energy management experience
Preferred but not essential:
- B.S. or B.A. in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical field
- Mechanical or electrical engineering experience
- IT server/network support experience
- Industry recognised HVAC Principles certifications
- Manufacturer certified training courses for BEMS systems supported by ECC - Trend Controls, Schneider Electric, Cylon, Siemens, Tridium
- Industry recognised energy management certifications
- Industry recognised M&V certifications
- Industry recognised asset management certifications