Senior Account Manager Higher Education
We are seeking a Senior Account Manager (SAM) to join our fast-growing Education Sales team. Your role will cover the Higher Education sector, working with Higher Education Institutions across the UK.
What does an awesome senior account manager look like?
Academia Senior Account Managers have more than a few strings to their bow. Aside from being flawless multi-taskers, they are Education experts.
It's about more than spreadsheets, phone calls and meetings. They read between the lines, listen with intent and come up with innovative solutions to solve customer challenges.
The best SAMs don't just manage accounts and projects, they build a relationship that puts the customer at the core of everything they do. At Academia, we believe in creating value for our customers, to earn their lifetime loyalty.
Managing expectations is where our SAMs shine, they see issues coming before they arrive and keep the customer in the loop - reacting in a timely manner to customer queries and issues to build rapport and develop relationships. From picking up the phone instead of emailing to networking at a senior level, these Academia allstars tighten the bond between the business and customer.
Academia Senior Account managers are equipped to manage the buzz and fast pace that modern business is all about. A great SAM knows how to get the best from the wider Academia team. Senior account managers use the full range of tools and support available, recognising that collaboration and teamwork can transform customer relationships, and grow business.
Reporting to the Higher Education Sales Manager, the successful candidate will be expected to achieve agreed sales targets and performance measures.
As a Senior Account Manager you will be responsible for developing long-term relationships at a senior level with both existing and new customers, growing new lines of business and expanding Academia wallet share. Utilising Academia CRM to maintain accurate customer records and manage a profitable pipeline of opportunities.
The key responsibilities for a Senior Account Manager Role include:
- Managing customer relationships at a senior/strategic level.
- Initiate prospecting and lead generation activities to cross sell/upsell academia portfolio.
- Meet and exceed key performance indicators.
- Proactive management of Higher Education customers and responding to customer queries in a timely manner.
- Preparing sales proposals.
- Conducting detailed quarterly business reviews.
- In depth knowledge of HE sector and national framework agreements.
- Extensive knowledge of hardware, software and associated services used within a typical HE setting.
- Ability to present confidently and articulately.
- Detail-oriented and organised.
- Highly motivated and enjoy a fast-paced environment.
- Have an ability to work independently, autonomously and take initiative.
- Have the ability to multi-task, pro-actively managing various issues.
- Possess superb time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have the ability to demonstrate drive and ambition.
- An expert knowledge of IT within the Higher Education sector.
Academia Group is a fast growing, highly accredited, award-winning group of technology companies with a strong footprint in the educational space. We specialise in supplying software, IT hardware, training and managed service solutions to both public and private sectors.
Established in 2003, we employ 100 dedicated professionals across multiple locations throughout the UK with a group annual turnover of over GBP70m. We partner with the world's leading technology manufacturers and have the accreditations, certifications and awards to demonstrate our expertise and ability.