Over the course of more than 10 years, bp pulse has established itself as the market leader in electric vehicle charging, providing solutions for EV drivers to charge at home, at work and on the road. On our mission to make charging fast and hassle-free, our charging points have been used over 30 million times to enable around 200 million miles of zero tailpipe emission driving. We work with the world's leading vehicle manufacturers to support their customers, as well as some of the UK's biggest fleets, leasing companies and local authorities. We are the UK's only fully integrated, end-to-end manufacturer and operator of charging infrastructure, and our nationwide Polar network of public charge points is recognised for its quality and reliability. Following acquisition by BP in 2018, the company is growing rapidly and moving to a brand new, purpose-built head office and production facility in Milton Keynes in March 2020 to support this growth and allow it to capitalise on a booming electric vehicle market.
This is an opportunity to join a business with an envious and unrivalled position in a fast-growing market, and ultimately help enable more people to transition to electric vehicles. You will not just be part of the biggest change in the automotive industry for a century - you will be at the forefront of it.
This job will be based in Milton Keynes with flexible working and reporting into the Head of Supply Chain & Procurement. You will be working across exciting and innovative programmes delivering a strategic and efficient procurement service which will provide Value for Money as we help our customers spend less time worrying about charging and more time thinking about their journey. With more than 10 years of experience in EV charging, we've been making the switch to electric easier for drivers and businesses across the UK.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Operate a continuous improvement approach to identify and deliver on-going changes whilst also leading the negotiation of commercial and contractual changes to ensure they consistently meet business requirements
- Drive the adoption of best practice approaches with the aim of ensuring that the Procurement function is seen as 'best in class'.
- Jointly lead all major procurement exercises with guidance from the Head of Supply Chain & Procurement & SLT
- Negotiate contract terms with key suppliers to ensure to drive value for money, quality standards and best delivery terms.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and manage suppliers to ensure they consistently achieve the performance standards set out in contracts
- Take a proactive approach to identifying and investigating contractual, commercial and market risks to ensure continuity of supply
- Lead major projects and tenders, ensuring all sourcing activity fully complies with appropriate legislation and regulation whilst also complying with organisation policies
- Provide support and advice to stakeholders regarding any contractual or procurement matters.
- Develop working relationships with suppliers.
- Provide procurement reports and contractual support.
- Present procurement reports and updates.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of pipeline procurement projects (forecast and tracking) to achieve or exceed agreed minimum annual savings target
- Degree-level qualification.
- Procurement qualification (CIPS)
- Strong project management skills
Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of procurement management and experience of working in a complex commercial environment
- A track record of managing multi-million pound strategic contracts in business critical environments.
- Experience of delivering continuous improvements in large, strategic arrangements with evidence of generating significant cost and service benefits.
- Extensive knowledge of public sector procurement law with an ability to explain the law to non-procurement staff and find pragmatic solutions to potential legal difficulties.
- Excellent negotiating, communication, interpersonal skills and experience of working in a fast paced environment and skilled in understanding and responding to different perspectives.
- Procurement experience in managing large frameworks and contracts.
- Engaging and influencing outcomes with suppliers at senior management and director level.
Flexibility to accommodate alternative vendor time zones