We are proudly representing our public sector client based in Durham for their search for a Personal Assistant. They now have an immediate requirement to recruit for a temporary assignment to start as soon as possible till November 2021.
- To process mail, answer and deal with telephone and personal enquiries and correspondence on behalf of the Head of Service.
- To manage the electronic diary of the Head of Service to arrange appointments and meetings.
- To produce and format documents, reports, letters etc., collating information from various sources.
- To produce and update spreadsheets and presentations including PowerPoint.
- To make arrangements for meetings including the booking of venues, sending invitations, organising agendas and taking minutes.
- Undertake progress/chasing tasks arising from meetings.
- To prepare agendas and meetings papers, take notes and produce accurate minutes.
- Set up and maintain filing systems.
- Organise travel, accommodation and hospitality requirements.
- Effectively communicate with elected members, senior officers in the Authority, and with representatives of other agencies and members of the public.
- Undertake projects and administrative tasks as required, including the research and presentation of information.
- Provide support to other Heads of Service and the Director as required which would reasonably fall within the level of responsibility and competency of the post.
- NVQ Level III in Business Admin or equivalent relevant qualification.
- Planning and organising meetings/events.
- Researching Information and formatting and preparation of Reports.
- Word Processing/I.C.T. Literate.
- Typing speed of 35 wpm.
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills/Inter-personal skills.
- Ability to work methodically and accurately.
- Diary Keeping.
- Minute Taking.
- Ability to use own initiative and work with the minimum of supervision.
- Personal commitment and drive.
- Flexible approach
- Tact & Diplomacy.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Discretion & Confidentiality.
- Great public sector client.
- Varied and interesting job role.
- Great resources.
- Great team culture.
- Any support required is provided.