HGV Technician - Team Leader
This exciting new opportunity will allow you to service and repair vehicles in a safe and economical manner employing such skills and knowledge as may be required, including the ability to diagnose faults with the minimum supervision. To motivate, lead and supervise a team of Technicians whilst assisting and deputising for the Workshop Controller to ensure that customer's vehicles are completed on time.
So if you:
- Love being in a Workshop environment
- Enjoy using your specialised skills and knowledge
- Want to work for a company that recognises and appreciates your achievements
then apply today!What Will You Be Doing?
Our DAF Team Leader HGV Technician responsibilities at Grimsby will include:
To service, adjust and repair vehicles or components using the tools and equipment provided in safe and proper manner, efficiently and within the allocated time and to the required standard. To assist the Workshop Controller in the efficient running of the workshop, providing assistance and support to a team of Technician's in order that vehicles are completed correctly within determined times for jobs.
Main duties will include:
- To examine vehicles and components and report orally or in writing on the condition/defects that impact on safety and reliability.
- To examine vehicles completely and report orally or in writing upon the vehicles condition, safety and reliability, and performance (MOT).
- To interpret and implement technical service instructions data and to indent such information for replacement.
- To carry out roadside repairs and to recover defective or damaged vehicles within the terms of the law.
- To bring to the Workshop Controller or Service Manager's attention any faults noticed in either the interests of the owner or other faults that could make the vehicle dangerous or illegal if taken out on a public highway.
- To ensure complete return of job cards on completion, to ensure that job times are met and job write-ups reflect accurately what has been done.
- To ensure all Technicians follow Manufacture guidelines and policies for Roadside and Dealer Standards; completing all relevant paperwork both electronic and hard copies ensuring it is second authorised where applicable.
- To attend recognised course of instruction as and when required, whilst providing guidance and promoting self-development amongst colleagues/team members and assisting in the training of apprentices upon assignment.
- To protect vehicles against damage and ensure a high standard of cleanliness within the working area and to observe and comply with the Group Health & Safety and Environmental Policy at all times and report to the workshop manager any breaches of this policy.
The successful DAF Team Leader HGV Technician will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous Leadership experience in Main Dealer workshop environment (Truck, Trailer and ancillary equipment maintenance and repairs).
- Experience in use of computer diagnostic equipment.
- A methodical approach to workload and work to a high level of accuracy.
- A positive can-do attitude and a team player attitude.
- Good communication skills.
DAF experience as well as a HGV licence are advantageous for this role.What's In It For You?
When you join us, from Day 1 you'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 31 days holiday per year including Bank Holidays
- Retail discounts saving GBPGBPGBP's at high street stores, health & beauty, going out, travel and much more.
- Team Member Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme with employer contribution
- Family & Friends Discounted Car Scheme
- Discounted Healthcare schemes
- Life Assurance
We also pride ourselves on offering internal and external training and development opportunities along with realistic career paths for each member of our Team through our People Partnership.