1 x permanent & 1 x 6 month FTC
Do you have experience of working in a fast paced, busy transport & logistics department? If so, this role could be for you!
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our Whittlesey team in the position of Logistics Planning Coordinator. We currently have 2 x permanent full-time vacancies and 1 x full time fixed term position for 6 months.
Our planning department deal with high volumes of inbound and outbound calls working closely with our large in-house fleet and external haulers, providing high levels of customer service.
Your duties would include but not limited to the following;
- Answering incoming calls to the planning office
- Process and manage orders efficiently and accurately
- To input data accurately and efficiently
- Act as the first point of contact for customer/hauler enquiries.
- Be fully responsible for calculating costs and processing payments
- To be able to resolve customer queries and respond to enquiries
- Manage problems in a calm professional manner
- Deliver a professional service to our customer base
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Confident & outgoing personality
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and MS teams
- Flexible, positive, proactive and committed approach to meet work demand
- Knowledge of Transport Legislation and good geographical knowledge
We have an extensive network of 18 manufacturing facilities in the UK, employing approximately 1,700 people.
We are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast. Our product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
Forterra represents exactly what we do and have always done. Our purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping our customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, we continue to lead our industry in terms of standards and safety.
What we can offer you;
- Competitive salary and 27 days annual leave
- Monthly performance related bonus scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme