Part time Bookkeeper for Private Architects Practice
Permanent, Part time Working - Min 16 hours per week
GBP15,000 (PT) - 16hours pw, Flexible times
Gould Singleton Architects is a well-established RIBA Architects Practice, based at their own offices in Halesowen, who currently operate Sage 50 although could consider Xero. The firm uses external accounts to formulate annual accounts and payroll.
Their existing team is; 2 directors and 11 employees and they boast a fantastic reputation built in over 43 years of hard work; they are now seeking to recruit an experienced book keeper to join the team. Average turnover for the organisation is cGBP1-1.4m
You will be working solely for the Directors and be responsible for management of 3 company accounts. We are looking for a candidate who is a real team player, with a strong work ethic and willingness to learn and also give advice where necessary.
- Competent using Sage Accounts, and Excel spreadsheets
- Ideally AAT qualified but will consider time served candidates
- Accountancy Practice Experience is an advantage
Book Keeping Skills Required
- Bookkeeping and maintaining general ledger accounts
- Responsible for intercompany transactions/monitoring
- Inputting of Professional fee Sales Invoices
- Inputting of Purchase Invoices
- Credit Control
- Bank reconciliation
- Monthly Management accounts
- Completion of quarterly VAT Returns
- Submitting VAT Returns to H M Revenue & Customs electronically
- Attention to detail, excellent communication and organisation skills
- Working directly with Company Directors and ability to work independently
- Managing Project Costing (Hours & disbursements)
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to join a successful, reputable firm and would suit a candidate who really enjoys day to day Bookkeeping tasks and is confident to carry out those tasks independently where necessary.
Hours of work
This is a Part time appointment, selection of days are flexible but must be consistent. The position is office based in Halesowen with Car parking provided on site.
Holidays will be 5 weeks year
If you have a background within a practice environment and feel you have the right skills for this role please attach a copy of your CV.