Customers and Communities Manager
Customers and Communities Manager
£54,625 - £57,500 per annum
Permanent, Full Time (37 hours per week)
Orwell Housing Association provides homes for over 7,500 residents throughout Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridge and Essex. We provide care, support, housing management, property development and estate services and live by our ethos of “Together we make a difference”. Alongside our values of people-focused, ambitious, collaborative and effective, we are passionate about having a positive impact in everything we do.
As a result of an organisational restructure and the continuation of our transformation plan, we are delighted to be recruiting for a Customers and Communities Manager. This is a fantastic opportunity for a customer focused experienced housing professional whose passion lies in customer care, housing management and supporting communities.
As an integral member of the Orwell Management team, the Customers and Communities Manager will provide operational oversight, advice and leadership to the Housing Management and Customer Services teams; being responsible for the effective management and governance of these teams and ensuring alignment with Orwell’s business objectives.
The Customers and Communities Manager will work collaboratively with the Director of Customers and Communities and colleagues across the Directorate to deliver the Customers and Communities Strategy. You will ensure the provision of an excellent customer service offer, an effective housing management service to a range of customers in a variety of housing settings, you will accurately profile our customers and communities, contribute to community development and increase our social value, implementing new and creative solutions to improve customer service outcomes and inspiring a culture that delivers results and service excellence.
Ensuring that your teams embody our PACE values, you will champion customer care and lead Orwell’s customer access strategy, advocating a ‘right first time’ approach and working collaboratively to ensure the diverse needs and strengths of our customers are heard and valued.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced leader who has a proven track record of achievement and innovation in customer experience and housing management. Our ideal Customers and Communities Manager will have substantial experience of leading teams to deliver housing management and customer care services across a wide range of schemes and tenure types, including allocations, lettings, income collection and void and tenancy management.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Preferably hold a recognised Housing qualification
- Hold a leadership qualification or being willing to achieve via the Orwell Academy
- Have experience of leading a geographically dispersed team and leading customer facing operations at senior level
- Understand Regulatory Standards and Health and Safety compliance in the housing sector
- Have knowledge and understanding of housing legislation including The Housing Act 1985 and The Housing Act 1996 (as amended)
- Have a broad understanding of the role of local authority housing and social care departments and voluntary or third sector agencies
- Be able to manage diverse and multi tenure housing estates
- Be an effective decision maker
Why work for Orwell?
We are one of the Top 25 Best Housing Associations and one of the Top 75 Best Companies in the East of England’s to work for as well a Silver Standard Investors in People accredited organisation.
We aim to provide a supportive working environment alongside a non-judgemental and open culture, that promotes workplace wellbeing.
As part of our benefits package you can enjoy –
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Access to the Orwell Rewards platform
- Car allowance/company car
- Reward and recognition scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Continued training and development
- Wellbeing commitment
- Opportunity to join a defined benefit pension scheme
If you are ready to make a difference apply today!
Closing Date: 4 July 2021
First Interviews: 14 July 202