Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Sky News is inviting applicants for the role of News Editor. Our News Editors help drive the news agenda and ensure delivery of the very best content to all platforms by harnessing our newsgathering and technological resources. It's a role for an experienced multi-media news journalist with strong editorial judgement and a commitment to high quality journalism.
What you'll do:
- Support Senior News Editors in running hour by hour home news coverage throughout the UK
- On other occasions, running the News Desk alone and making key decisions about news stories and deployment.
- Supporting coverage in the field working alongside crews and Correspondents to deliver first class coverage for television and digital platforms from location.
- Working some shifts as a News Editor in Planning to lead the setting-up of the next day's news agenda and other planned coverage.
- At all times, playing a key liaison role in ensuring newsroom operations are joined up and collaborative across all platforms
What you'll bring:
- Outstanding editorial judgement and evidence of journalistic enterprise
- Demonstrable experience of news editing and editorial decision-making
- First class communication skills
- Understanding of the ever-changing media landscape and the requirements of cross-platform news delivery.
- Demonstrable ability to have and to deliver creative ideas
- Good understanding of media law and compliance issues.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.