Our growth, your future.
DLA Piper thrives on complex challenges and delivers exceptional results to clients. We're trusted advisors, innovators and game-changers, going above and beyond to accelerate growth and open new opportunities - the perfect place to develop and achieve your ambitions.
This is a great opportunity for a Credit Control professional to gain valuable experience from a global professional services environment. The ideal candidate will be passionate about data, finance, reporting, encompassed with excellent attention to detail and proactive manner.
The purpose of the role is to support the business in managing the Firm's overall debt position in line with the International Credit policy and proactively reduce aged debt, whilst continuing a positive relationship with our internal and external clients. To work with stakeholders and assisting them with achieving personal and Firm KPI's. Provide accurate and timely reports highlighting key debt issues and driving queries to conclusion.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collection of debt in line with the Firm's International Credit Policy to ensure both UK and department cash collection targets are achieved by liaising with Partners and external clients.
- Ensure accurate and concise collection notes are maintained within the Firm's collection system to reflect the current debt position for internal reporting purposes
- Identify client disputes and ensure prompt resolution by working with both internal and external clients whilst ensuring escalation procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Provide a high standard of customer service at all times
- Liaise and assist Partners in all aspects of credit control to ensure Firm and personal KPI's are achieved by way of telephone and face to face meetings when required including travel (when permitted) to other UK offices.
- Provide detailed ledger analysis against objectives and targets to the Credit Control Team Leader when required
- Support the Firm's personal development initiatives and any departmental projects
- Provide timely and accurate reports to the business
- Assist Management with Ad Hoc tasks and/or team projects as and when requested
- Monitor the Group Inbox and work within agreed SLAs
- A substantial background in credit control working in a target focused environment showing an ability to proactively achieve result.
- Experience in a legal or professional service environment would be preferable but not essential
- Strong communications skills both verbally and written with the ability to deal with challenging conversations.
- A proven track record of negotiating and influencing situations to a positive outcome whilst developing and maintaining relationships
- Has the ability and motivation to work on their own initiative whilst understanding the need to work within a team and support colleagues
- An understanding of the impact of aged debt on a business
- Has the ability to work towards deadlines and achieve objectives whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- A versatile and flexible approach which is essential at key financial points of the year
- IT literate - Must have excellent Excel skills.
- Experience of using ARCS 2G or a bespoke collection system would be an advantage but not essential.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload effectively to achieve objectives
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world. We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
In everything we do connected with our People, our Clients and our Communities, we live by these values:
- Be Supportive - we care about others, value diversity and act thoughtfully
- Be Collaborative - we give, we share and we join in
- Be Bold - we stand tall and challenge ourselves to think big
- Be Exceptional - we exceed standards and expectations