Payroll and benefits Administrator Part time
Location: Home based
Salary: up to 22,000 FTE
Hours:16-20 hours per week (specific days / hours to be discussed)
The Aurora Group
The Aurora Group is an innovative provider of education and care for children, young people and adults with special educational needs and disabilities.
We are currently looking for a part time Payroll and Benefits Administrator (working from home) to support our Central Office which provides support, leadership and governance to our multiple sites across the UK.
Your role will be to support the efficient, compliant and accurate administration of payroll and benefits activities.
You'll play a key role in supporting the preparation and processing of accurate monthly payrolls and in dealing with all payroll related queries.
To be effective in your role you will have excellent communication skills as you liaise closely with our Onboarding Team, Central HR and Site Business Managers/Administrators to ensure essential paperwork is received and processed (e.g. new starter forms, P45s, salary amendments, leaver details) and work with our Finance Team to ensure they have all necessary information for budgeting, monthly reporting and regulatory requirements.
Your role will also assist with our pension administration and will support the processes for all our employee benefits.
Whatever stage of your payroll career this is a great role in a rapidly growing organisation.
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of and previous experience of payroll software and processes
- Good level of Literacy and Numeracy (GCSE grade 5 or above).
- Good level of ability in Microsoft Office packages
- Interest in and ability to learn and use Systems (HR and integrated Payroll)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to communicate at all levels with confidence (verbal and written)
- Highly organised, resilient and with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to deal with matters confidentially and in line with data protection requirements
If you are interested in this role then please apply on-line, or for more information, please email
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
The Aurora Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young adults in our care and is a disability confident and equal opportunities employer