Business & Project Controller
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Join Hitachi ABB Power Grids and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Do you have experience in Business and Project Controlling? We are looking for an individual to join our UK PGGA Finance department to support a growing and successful organisation. The successful candidate will take on a range of Business and Project Controlling responsibilities for both the UK and Ireland PGGA organisation, offering 50/50 support across both countries.
This role is based in Stone, Staffordshire, UK.
- Support all financial and commercial matters and actively drive performance in the business and across a portfolio of projects.
- Responsible for cash management and monitor as well as follow-up actual cost and income against budget and forecast.
- Undertaking ad hoc analyses and ensure internal control compliance.
- Project Controlling in both the UK and Ireland through close collaboration with our Project Managers.
- Assisting in everything related to our projects, including:
- Preparing for and participating in monthly/quarterly project reviews
- Establishing necessary currency contracts and bank guarantees
- Reporting and follow-up of variances
- Generating and maintaining monthly forecasts
- Ensuring quality in cost forecasting and billing plan
Business Controlling in the Ireland organisation, which will include:
- Responsibility for P&L, Balance Sheet, and networking capital, including both control of actuals and forecasting
- Preparing and supporting the monthly Business review
- Taking responsibility for the month-end reporting process and working in close collaboration with GBS and the other business units in the Legal entity.
- Living our core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.