Lead Host/Operations Manager or Management Couple
Interested in advancing your career in hospitality? Looking for an inspiring Highland adventure where you can develop your professional skills as part of an award-winning, collaborative, and supportive team? It is our warm welcome, both for our guests, and equally for new members of the team, that we are most proud of. We have a fabulous and happy team, all of whom share our philosophy and passion.
So, if you have the right mix of experience, ambition and dedication, along with a good sense of fun and an appetite for the beautiful Scottish wilderness, then we want you on our team!
Newton Lodge is a special place to be, the views are some of the most spectacular in Sutherland looking out over Loch Glen Coul. This high-quality lodge has seven quality guest rooms, and an in-house laundry, with grand plans to grow in 2022.
We are in one of the most remote yet stunning parts of the Scottish Highlands but what we offer is unique. Being located on the world-renowned North Coast 500 there is always a great buzz about the place and great characters to meet. Our locals are regulars in our bar, so you'll really feel part of the community.
Working at Newton Lodge you have the great outdoors at your feet so you can create your own adventures every single day. That said, your working day can be very busy especially during the summer months, but a great work/life balance is encouraged. This role is live in or live out and suited to individuals or couples.
Reporting to the General Manager, you are responsible for the day-to-day management of the Newton Lodge which includes the guest journey that will amaze and delight, looking after any staff working in the restaurant, bar and housekeeping departments. You will set and maintain the highest standards of guest care, breakfast, and bar service.
You will perform shift patterns at which times you will have responsibility for the lodge and its environs. This will require substantial knowledge of, but not limited to; the fire safety procedures, electrical and plumbing infrastructure; the appropriate emergency contacts and contractors used by the hotel; access to and knowledge of the due diligence paperwork in case of enforcement visits, etc; guest and staff problem solving; handling power outages.
We have grand plans for Newton Lodge in 2022, and we want a person or a couple that have ambition and a wish to grow with us!
- Hosting all guests
- Creating a guest experience that will wow!
- Outlining standards and implementing
- Night management
- Compliance and safety
- Revenue generation
- Ordering supplies
- Rota and payroll control
- Effective communication
- Hands-on, team-led contributor
- Good local knowledge and technical skills
- Soft sales skills, in line with the hotel and company ethos
- Working with the General Manager on Product development in line with the company vision
Salary and Benefits
- We are a living wage employer - this role is from GBP24-26K dependant on experience.
- Accommodation is provided at GBP50 per week which includes Wifi
- Two days off a week.
- All our accommodation has access to a fully equipped kitchen.
- Dog-friendly - we allow well-behaved dogs in staff accommodation.
- Access to HIT Scholarship and Training programmes.
- Online essential training with FLOW.
- Opportunity to live and work in an area of outstanding beauty
- Friendly and supportive environment.
- GBP500 bonus for our staff referral programme (terms apply)
- 30% off drinks
- 50% off food
- Up to 50% off accommodation for friends and family (October - April, subject to availability, excludes Christmas and New Year)
- One local activity of your choice on us
- Famous Lochinver pie lunch once a month
- Bicyle on-site for recreational use
- Access to the fortnightly grocery run to Ullapool
About Highland Coast Hotels
We are a collection of unique hotels located along the North Coast 500 with our people at the very heart of what we do. Spirit, warmth, authenticity, that's what we look for. We encourage curiosity, energy, passion and fun. Creating experiences that exhilarate and enlighten our guests as we showcase the very best in Highland Hospitality. It's important to us that we nurture and develop our people to be the very best they can be. Training and career opportunities are on offer along with fabulous work locations, great rates of pay, flexible hours, and lots of other lovely perks.
Find out more at highlandcoasthotels.com.