Accounts Semi Senior
We are looking for an Accounts Semi-Senior to join the Kent team. You can be based in our Canterbury office.
As Accounts Semi-Senior, you will be joining an established but growing team, with a supportive management structure that will ensure you have all the resources and information you need to develop your career with us. You will be working mostly with Entrepreneurs and Owner Managed Businesses, but you may well get involved in firmwide projects and work too.
As Accounts Semi-Senior, you will undertake the preparation of statutory financial statements for Companies, Partnerships, and Sole Traders, assist in finalisation of accounts adjustments post review, update client systems to align with signed accounts and assist with cloud accounting. You may also be involved with the preparation of management accounts. You will ensure deadlines and proper accounting standards are met throughout.
In 2020 we won the Best Advisory Services category of the new Business Resilience Awards, organised by Accountancy Age. Previously we won; National Firm of the Year, Tax Team of the Year and Graduate and Non-Graduate programme of the Year at the British Accountancy Awards, we internationally re-branded, and we grew substantially with a few high-profile mergers. It's an exciting time to join the firm!
- Genuine work-life balance
- Accredited Investor in People
- New and improved programme for Succession planning and supportive management structure to help you realise your potential
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays, plus the opportunity to buy up to 5 days
- Competitive salary
- Reward and recognition bonuses available
- Amazing employee referral scheme, paying up to GBP4000 for a successful referral
- Paid CSR time
- Car lease scheme
- And more!
Duties will include:
- Prepare financial statements in accordance with relevant financial reporting standards from source documents/records to final accounts for review by the appropriate manager.
- Prepare accounting schedules to support the balances and transactions included in the financial statements.
- Adhere to proper accounting standards.
- Work on a wide range of accounts.
- Effectively manage time to ensure that jobs are finished within budget.
- Corporation tax computations and returns for review.
- Meet deadlines.
- Develop and maintain good client relations.
- Liaison with clients directly or through the relevant managers to resolve queries or obtain further information.
- Ensure a high level of service to meet client's expectations.
- Ensure that all hours worked on assignments are correctly recorded.
- Make timely and relevant recommendations in relation to accounting matters, financial reporting, and accounting systems in use (including software).
Qualifications & Skills required:
- AAT qualified or similar
- Strong practical knowledge/experience of accounts preparation within a practice environment.
- Strong double-entry knowledge and skill.
- Cloud-based accounting systems knowledge including Sage, Xero, and Quickbooks
- Strong IT skills including Word, Outlook, and Excel, to an intermediate level, for the production of letters and spreadsheets.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Basic tax knowledge - awareness of how to do tax computations, PAYE, VAT.
- Confident when dealing with clients and getting your views across.
- Methodical and logical thinking.
- Use initiative to identify problems and provide solutions.
- Ability to operate strict deadlines and handle conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work within a team and to assist one another as and when required.
If this role sounds of interest to you, please make your application and one of the team will be in touch.
Our application form takes just a few minutes to complete and includes some diversity questions. MHA Macintyre Hudson is a committed member of Access Accountancy and as such, we track our diversity stats and actively work to improve on these, year on year, looking at new ways to promote our roles to the widest audience. Any data collected is fully anonymised before sharing with any external parties, as per our Data Protection Policy, and is not visible to hiring managers, or used in any way during the selection process.