Interim Credit Manager - Property Experience Needed
Your new company
Hays are recruiting exclusively for a well-established property management business based in Harlow. This company pride themselves on their high levels of service and achieve this through investment into their people and their technology. They are seeking an experienced credit professional with a strong property background that can join their team on an interim basis.
Your new role
The main purpose of the job is to manage an existing team of credit controllers and oversee the credit function for a part of the business but also to be heavily influential in the improvement of credit process, procedure and policy. This role would suit someone with a progressive mindset who can add value to an excellent business.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the credit control team
- Ensuring continued compliance with landlord and tenant laws in respect of the collection of service charge and ground rent arrears
- Maintaining a large credit control ledger and monitoring progress
- Working closely with third party debt recovery agents and solicitors to obtain updates on files and payments
- Develop and monitor critical metrics/SLA's set for the team and provide support to help them meet these performance requirements
- Liaising with key stakeholders both internally and externally, both financial and non-financial
- Recommending and implementing new processes and procedures across the Credit function
- Identifying efficiency savings, and drive continuous improvement throughout the credit control functions
- Assist with the preparation of monthly reports for management
This is a full time role working 37.5 hours a week between Monday and Friday and will ideally be office based but may have some flexible working opportunity for the right candidate.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have significant previous experience working in a similar credit management role and you must have worked within the property industry before. You will ideally have a strong working knowledge of service charges and ideally be CICM qualified. You must be available on short notice and able to commit to at least 9 months of work. You must have strong IT skills and ideally experience of several property management systems.
What you'll get in return
- Holidays 33 days starting allowance then another day each completed service, upto a maximum additional 5 days.
- 2 x life assurance
- Private Medical
- 4 % employer contribution to pension, employee minimum is 4 but we offer salary sacrifice if the employee wish to contribute more.
- Eye care Vouchers
- Flexible working
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.