Nights Recovery Patrol Driver - Reading
Nights Recovery Patrol Driver
Location - Reading
GBP17.00 per hour
REF: NRPD Reading
We have an excellent opportunity for a Nights Recovery Patrol Driver ready for a role in which anything can happen, based around Reading.
The Recovery Driver job
Making up for the breakdown, you'll be the friendly face of the UK's largest motoring organisation. To our members, you'll be a superhero. Ready for anything, you'll be there for them, anytime and anywhere. When their vehicle just can't be started, you'll still get their journey moving forward. For you, that means being ready for the unexpected. Your next job might be right around the corner from home, or you could be in for a long drive.
You'll work solo and arrange your movements based on job information that comes to you via the laptop and smartphone provided. What sets you apart is your way with people. As a member of the Recovery Patrol Team, you'll meet all sorts of people, of all ages, in all kinds of locations - Some will be delighted to see you, while others will be upset, angry, or panicked.
Your ability to listen, empathise, reassure, and clearly explain everything that will happen will go a long way towards brightening up their day. That aspect of your driving role starts when you turn up and continues until you drop the customer off safely.
Nights shift hours are as follows
Thursday - Sunday - 9pm - 6am.
There should be a hard stop at 6am, however, there is the possibility of a little overtime.
What will I be doing?
When we can't get a members vehicle started after a breakdown, you'll be there for the next stage in the journey. Arriving at the roadside, you'll need to be ready for anything. While they'll often be thrilled to see you, the member may be angry, upset, afraid or impatient. They could be on their way to an important meeting, a job interview, or have a flight to catch. You might work alone, but as soon as you get out of your HGV recovery truck, you'll be a partner to the customer. You'll help them feel safe, understood and taken care of. You'll listen to their concerns, reassure them about what happens next, and decide on the next step. Which might mean, as well as taking their vehicle to a garage for repair, you'll travel on with them to their important destination.
What we need from you
- You'll already have a full driving category C driving licence (HGV 2) and ideally, you'll hold the CE (HGV 1) licence too, although this isn't essential. Alongside this, you'll need a Driver CPC (certificate of professional competence) qualification, and a digital drivers/tachograph card when you apply.
- We'll expect you to be comfortable adapting to new technology. Most importantly, while you enjoy working solo, you're great at dealing with all kinds of people. You are always calm, friendly, reassuring, and professional.
What you'll love
- Helping people gives you a warm glow - so you'll relish every chance to shine. And there will be plenty of those, every shift, as you take all sorts of people and vehicles to safety.
- You'll enjoy the variety of the role, and the ability to manage your own workload.
- Most of all, you'll appreciate working for a trusted brand at the forefront of the industry
To apply for this Reading Nights Recovery Patrol Driver role, please apply with Guidant Global today. Our supportive and highly experienced team will provide you with the full details of the role.
Guidant Global is an equal opportunities recruiter, and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation, or age.
Guidant is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.