Finance & Administration Manager
My client Haydon Wick Parish Council (HWPC) in North Swindon is recruiting an experienced Finance/ Administration Manager (Deputy RFO Responsible Finance Officer) to oversee the Council's Finances.
Responsibilities are to undertake and maintain all financial arrangements of HWPC, acting as the primary Finance Manager for the day to day and on-going financial management of the Council all in accordance with the Financial Regulations of the Council and relevant legislation. To oversee the administration team to support the running of a public facing office,
The recruitment process will be Covid-19 safe. A detailed job description is available on request.
- Monitor and balance the Council's accounts, preparing records for internal and external audit purposes.
- Undertake preparation of the final accounts, statutory financial returns, annual return, and audit.
- Manage and arrange, all requirements relating to the Council's insurance needs.
- To manage HWPC's s106 and CIL (Community Infrastructure Levy) income and expenditure arrangements.
- Manage and maintain the Council's petty cash arrangements.
- Effectively manage and develop the Council's financial management software.
- Sales and Purchase Ledger ensuring accounts are settled in a timely manner.
- Manage the banking system and cash flow and control investments and bank transfers where necessary.
- To manage applications for Public Works Loan Board
- To be responsible for the preparation and submission of VAT reclaims.
- Prepare and manage grant arrangements.
- Liaise with, work alongside, and prepare any documents as required by the Internal or External Auditor.
- Alongside the Clerk / RFO, to prepare draft budget estimates for Council consideration.
- Run the monthly payroll for 36 employees to include pensions.
- To prepare reports for meetings of the council committees; to attend such meetings and present reports where required.
- To manage the quarterly meetings of the Council's internal audit working party.
- To monitor and negotiate supplier contracts.
- To act as a representative of the Council as required.
- To ensure that the Council operates in a financially business-like manner, identifying new business opportunities that would enhance the Council's efficiency and effectiveness.
- Alongside the Clerk / RFO to set up and administer any Parish Council Trusts or Charities.
The right candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- AAT Advanced Diploma (Level 3), A-level or similar level Business NVQ
- Experience of SAGE, Omega, or similar accounting software as well as excellent Excel
- Experience of Rialtas Business Solutions (RBS) bespoke Omega accounting software would be advantageous.
- At least 7 years proven experience in preparation, control, and monitoring of multi-budgets.
- Knowledge of insurance procedures and financial risk assessments
- Experience of overseeing a public facing office environment.
- Knowledge of governance, legal and financial frameworks within a Local Government setting
- Knowledge of H&S legislation
- Salary - GBP32,910 - GBP35,745
- Hours - 37 hours per week
- Annual leave - 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays + long service awards
- Pension Scheme - employee contribution 5.5% and employer 20.7%
- Free parking
We like to speak to every applicant, but due to the current climate this is not always possible. To ensure your application is not overlooked it is important that you emphasize any skills or work experience relevant to this position. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful in this instance.