Tendering Engineer based Hortonwood, Telford offering an attractive salary of circa GBP35,000 plus pension and other corporate company benefits.
About the Role:
We are now looking to recruit the role of Tendering Engineer to join our team in Telford, with the aim of supporting our continued outstanding growth. The successful candidate will have experience of tendering, estimation or quotations, with a background in electrical installation / design.
Who we're looking for:
Our culture is open, honest and trustworthy. Our employees are truly empowered to maximize their potential, they are recognized for their hard work and success and the value you add to the business. We operate a flat structure, which is not a big corporate or involves a hierarchical senior management team. You will be empowered to be bold, to be creative and to make a difference.
If you are looking for an exciting challenge, and a chance to grow and develop with a leading brand, we would love to hear from you.
Support our vision to become a well recognised 'easy to do business with' player in the Projects Business by providing a project tendering service to our customers ensuring that we deliver a best in class customer experience. Ensure that customer orders fully reflect the relevant tender prior to handing over to engineering, from a commercial, technical, terms & conditions and delivery schedule perspective.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To provide a tender inline with the customer requirements respecting the external SLA
- To provide the quantity of tenders in line with the team metric of 50 per month
- Accurate and timely decision making on enquiries to define Bid - No Bid status
- Be aware of the conversation rates for your tenders to ensure that we are tendering the best opportunities
- Interpret schematic drawings, BOM's and Specifications to provide tenders
- To maintain an accurate database of all project enquiries and quotations, ensuring accurate documentation of all product data, price and margin
- Ensure full awareness and application of GCM guidelines and report any variations to the Project Support Manager
- Recognise and report risks associated with customer Terms and Conditions prior to providing a tender
- Ensure that customer orders fully reflect the relevant tender prior to handing over to engineering, from a commercial, technical, terms & conditions and delivery schedule perspective to eliminate any potential invoice issues
- Liaise with the external customer to understand requirements fully prior to the production of a tender
- Support the Project Sales Managers to present the tender to the top nominated customers
- Based on schematics, BOM's or Specifications be aware of opportunities to widen Hagers scope on projects and speak with the customer to identify opportunities to tender
- Develop working relationships with the relevant stakeholders in the nominated customers to ensure we provide a great customer experience
- Periodically attend site to support the Project Sales Manager throughout the life cycle of a Project
- Periodically provide onsite support to our customers on technical issues
- To provide Technical Support cover to the National Technical Helpline in a knowledgeable and professional manner when required
- Ensure adequate telephone support is in place at peak times, absenteeism and holiday periods
About the Company:
Based on Hortonwood, Telford, in the UK our primary market is the supply of electrical installation systems in residential and commercial buildings. Creating solutions in close consultation with its customers we have the vision: 'To add value to peoples' lives and their buildings through smart, eco-efficient and energy saving solutions and services.
We are an independent family-owned and run business with our Head Office based in Blieskastel, Germany. Hager Group is one of the industry's innovation leaders with 11,650 employees generating a turnover of circa ???2 billion. Our products are produced in 28 locations around the globe and we have customers in more than 125 countries all over the world who place trust in them
In the UK our primary market is the supply of electrical installation systems in residential and commercial buildings. Creating solutions in close consultation with our customers. Our vision is to lead in the electrical world of tomorrow.