PMP Recruitment are looking to employ a number of Tour Guides on a part time basis (8 - 24hrs per week) to guide members of public around an exciting tourist attraction based in Llantrisant.
These will be part time hours on an ongoing basis. Pay Rate: GBP8.94, start ASAP.
Purpose of the Job:
* To deliver a memorable and enjoyable experience for all guests through a guided tour and performance.
* Ensure that all guests and potential guests to the attraction receive the highest level of customer service at all times.
* Contribute to the commercial success of the attraction by promoting the attraction to prospective guests.
* Capitalise on all opportunities for retail sales through guidebook sales, up-selling and event retail offers.
* Ensure that all Processes and Policies are adhered to at all times including those concerned with health and safety and cash handling.
* Carry out all tasks given by the Management Team. To carry out all other duties as requested by Management Team including general housekeeping.
* Actively promote ticket sales both inside the attraction and at external locations (including street marketing).
* Embrace the idea of 'the team' and actively work to ensure the success of the attraction. * With a conscientious attitude, follow the script given and be open to receiving feedback from the management team.
* Ensure you are always punctual ready to start working at the time your shift starts.
* Ensure the highest standards of presentation are maintained throughout the attraction at all times.
* Be courteous and professional to guests at all times.
* Observe and report to the General/Duty Manager immediately any incidents which may affect the presentation, other employees or guests of the visitor attraction.
* Experienced in drama/acting/live entertainment
* Ability to engage members of the public and to gather an audience
* Commitment and passion to performance and learning
* Creativity and Enthusiasm
* A flexible, hands-on, can-do approach
* Initiative and positivity
* An excellent work-ethic and desire to develop skills
* Personable, presentable and highly professional
* Able to work weekends, school holidays and evenings as required
* First Aid training/qualification
* Experience in amateur dramatics
* Previous Experience of working in the Tourism Sector
* Experience in group management to maintain tight booking times
* Ability to speak a foreign language
* Awareness of health and safety
* Storytelling/Arts & Crafts/Passion for literature.
PMP Recruitment a trading division of Cordant Recruitment is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.