DPD is one of the fastest growing express parcel delivery companies in the UK, with a turnover of GBP1.9 billion. As a multi award-winning company that has been voted the nation's favourite parcel carrier for eight years running, we have a very clear strategy to support our enviable position. We will deliver the best service, use the best technology, recruit and retain the best people in the industry and be the UK's most sustainable delivery company.
As an IT Solutions Architect, you'll enjoy a high profile role and be a key member of a highly skilled and dedicated team that underpins and supports business-wide change by transforming requirements into innovative IT solutions. Based from our offices in Oldbury you will report to our Solutions Architect Manager.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand the main goals for change and then transform requirements into innovative IT solutions
- Produce comprehensive technical documentation to support the solution design
- Work directly with the internal development team or outsourced developers to handover the solution design and support the development life cycle
What we're looking for:
As the successful candidate you will need to be educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant computer science degree. Experience in a Software Development environment is essential.
We would also expect you to:
- Understand the software life cycle - design, develop, test and deploy
- Have high level experience of system architecture eg Networks, Service, Operating Systems
- Have experience utilising a cloud service provider's platform (preferably the Google Cloud Platform) to create scalable solutions to meet current and future business demands
- Demonstrate an ability to document solutions for handover to developers
- Work with our QA engineers to ensure that they understand the business and technical requirements of any proposed solution
- Ability to communicate and influence technical and non-technical stakeholders, using language appropriate to the audience
- Demonstrate the core DPD DNA values of Passion, Respect, Honesty, Flexibility, Hard Work and Accountability.
You will have a comprehensive induction to DPD
Your package will include a competitive salary and you will also be entitled to a competitive bonus scheme that is based on individual and company targets. As well as this you have access to some other fantastic optional benefits such as Cycle2Work Scheme, Dining Cards, Holiday trading and discounts and savings on 1000's of retailers.
DPD is a Valuable 500 company and a Disability Confident Employer