Linux Systems Engineer
Linux Systems Engineer
Location: Hedge End
Salary: Up to GBP45,000
About the Company:
This is an exciting opportunity to join the company. Our client is bringing revolutionary change to the merchant service and card payments industry delivering customer boarding, analytics and gateway solutions to a growing list of acquiring banks, payment facilitators and independent payments businesses. The business is looking for a skilled, dedicated and ambitious team member to support the on-going growth of the business and deliver an exceptional experience to their customers.
As Linux Systems Engineer working in the Infrastructure Team, you will flourish on delivering challenging projects in a dynamic and fast-evolving engineering environment.
About the Linux Systems Engineer Role:
You will play a key role in streamlining processes and improving the "time to value" of the infrastructure and services technologi deploys to its multinational client base. This is vital work as these services now serve merchants in 16 countries with the platform currently in the process of expanding to 35. technologi's Revolution platform also manages nearly 40% of all UK merchant account applications.
You will live and breathe Linux in a mixed public/private cloud environment, with a relentless drive for continuous improvement, increased automation and efficiency derived from both technical and policy driven process improvements.
You will have had exposure to and used various flavours of Linux including CentOS and Ubuntu to deploy services in one or more public or private cloud environments. Working within the infrastructure team, you will be responsible for the creation and on-going maintenance of robust infrastructure that can be quickly deployed, reconfigured and iterated as new improvements become available.
Linux Systems Engineer Responsibilities:
- Be accountable for the Linux infrastructure underpinning technologi's cloud-based enterprise services.
- Own the delivery of robust, maintainable, standards-compliant configuration and infrastructure in an agile engineering environment.
- Build effective, productive relationships with technologi's development and infrastructure teams to ensure services can be transitioned into production in a planned, orderly and consistent manner to defined standards and key performance indicators.
- Establish productive relationships with other teams and key stakeholders to work in a cohesive, friendly and collaborative manner to deliver real value for technologi's customers.
- Work with the Senior Linux Systems Engineer to ensure accurate forecasting and reporting of project progress.
- Ensure problems/issues are solved in a timely and satisfactory manner.
- Actively work to unblock issues faced by the team during delivery.
- Understand and help proactively plan software and infrastructure over a period of 3-5 years to meet both technical and business needs.
- Manage project activity and balance this with support and administration tasks.
- Be an inspirational influence and mentor to junior team members.
Linux Systems Engineer Requirements:
- Superb interpersonal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Vision, drive and passion - someone who's prepared to get the job done, no matter what it takes and reap the rewards.
- Any knowledge of Apache, Nginx, Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Gitlab, Python, Java, Galera, MariaDB, MongoDB, Redis, OSPF or BGP would be considered a huge plus for any potential candidate.
- Experience of mentoring other engineers highly desirable.
- Good knowledge of at least one of the following platforms: LXD Containerisation, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud or Net Actuate.
- Working knowledge of Ansible.
- Working knowledge of KVM/libvirt considered a huge advantage.
- Excellent Linux administration skills (Ubuntu and CentOS/RHEL are preferable).
- Excellent networking and security background.
- Good understanding of the TCP/IP stack.
- Good familiarity with version control systems like Subversion/Git.
- Good knowledge of scripting in the Linux platform.
- Experience of CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment).
If you think that you are suitable for this Linux Systems Engineer role, please apply now!