2Nd Line Analyst
2nd Line Support Analyst
Exeter - Permanent - Full Time
Mears has made progress in transforming and developing our IT web-based solutions for a range of high-profile contracts and new way of workings. However, we recognise that there is much more we need to do and there is further progress to be made in terms of our capability to integrate, design, deliver and manage IT solutions for us as an organisation and to provide specialist support for our clients.
Reporting to the Service Desk Manager, you will provide technical application support to all users of Mears departmental systems. Working on a busy service desk, you will support our 1st line teams as well as serve as the first point of contact for all technical enquiries. You will provide assistance over the phone or via ServiceNow where you will ensure all enquires are logged and managed to a satisfactory conclusion. You will perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and asking pertinent questions to determine the best solution
What you need to have:
- Essential - High level of competence and understanding of applications & SQL
- Good analytical mindset to understand, interpret and diagnose complex data issues
- Confident communicator with excellent customer service, telephone etiquette, and interpersonal skills
- Strong troubleshooting and decision-making skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with an ability to meet deadlines, targets and commitments
- Knowledge, and understanding of business needs in order to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence in the IT organization
- Ability to demonstrate and maintain a high level of initiative, motivation, and drive,
- Flexible, adaptable approach to your work, as well as being able to multitask.
- GBP24,000 salary (flexibility for the right candidate)
- 25 days annual leave
- Flexible working
- Pension Scheme
- Sharesave - a simple way of saving money direct from your salary for 3 years, in order to buy Mears Group PLC (Mears) shares at a price that is fixed and discounted at the outset.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Mears Fun Day - Our annual Fun Day is organised as a massive thank you from the Executive team for all the hard work! Previous years include, Alton Towers, Drayton Manor etc.
- Staff perks with Mears Rewards - discounts of up to 10% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless.
- Volunteering Leave - Mears supports employees to undertake volunteering in the community, in support of our social value commitment.
For further information please contact Sarah Tarry in the Mears Group Recruitment Team, otherwise, if you feel you have skills and experience needed, please apply and we will review your application and be in touch to discuss further