QA Test Engineer
QA Test Engineer - Bedford/Home based - Permanent
Our client is a successful fast-growing SAAS Fintech company based in Bedford providing software for the asset, automotive and consumer finance industries. They partner with a selection of key global clients to provide first class disruptive technologies and solutions.
We are now looking for an experienced QA Test Analyst/Engineer to join the team. You will be able to work from home the majority of the time. However, you will need to visit Bedford and possibly client sites.
As part of a shift left approach, your primary responsibility will be to design, implement and maintain a suitable automated software testing strategy for a CI/CD pipeline of SaaS products for weekly releases.
You will be working closely with the Development and Delivery teams in order to improve and ensure product quality. You will also analyse requirements and define automated test scripts to ensure sufficient test coverage in both core and extended functionality. In addition, you will author and execute manual test scripts particularly for new functionality and validate results, before liaising with relevant teams and stakeholders as required. For new developments there will be a need to write specifications for QA testing requirements, as well as delivering and supporting the implementation of these projects.
This role will involve the testing of applications throughout the development life cycle, involvement in the management and estimation of stories, and an active role in the design of solutions which provide critical business value. As an ambitious Test Engineer, you will have real passion for delivering quality products, whilst working within a highly collaborative Agile engineering team.
Key competencies required:
- A real passion for the testing and production of high-quality cloud-based software
- A curious mind, willing to investigate and truly understand a problem
- An ability to then think through the problem and shape the solution - regardless of technology
- Analytical thinking, self-motivation, innovation and a desire to learn and help others
- Customer focused and a clear communicator
- A desire to take on challenges outside of your normal comfort zone
The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- 5 years' experience testing websites, web applications and RESTful API's
- Experience of implementing an automated testing framework. eg Watir, Selenium, Cucumber, Katalon etc.
- An excellent understanding of software development and engineering best practice
- An ability to work in a highly innovative, fast-paced, truly Agile environment
- Ability to describe defects in sufficient detail so that everyone can understand the issue
- Experience of different styles of testing
- Ability to derive test cases from Stories
- Experience of using Jira and Test Management tools
- Passion for self-motivated learning and knowledge sharing
- Not afraid to challenge/push back and not sacrifice quality
- An ability to communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team and make a difference within an expanding market leading organisation as such a salary of CGBP45 to GBP50k plus benefits, work flexibility and excellent training are all on offer.
TD Group Limited acts as an employment business for interim positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. TD Group is committed to equal opportunity and diversity.