Analyst - Vendor Management
Why apply for this role?
In this varied role, you'll use your understanding of how this function serves business stakeholders to maintain commercially viable services for the business.
You will work closely with other members of the team across all levels to establish business processes and commercial opportunities, recommending improvements as relevant.
If you're someone who's performed a similar role already or who has a skillset that can be readily adapted to this role, this is the perfect opportunity to develop your career.
What you'll be doing
- Using commercial strategies and completing analysis to deliver sustainable cost savings as part of Santander's transformation programme.
- Supporting the delivery of the Category Management strategy - focusing on supporting service managers with commercial opportunities in line with our transformation targets.
- Identifying and supporting with the reengineering of end-to-end customer, operational and business processes that include our 3rd party supplier base.
- Supporting a SAN UK Chief Operating Office wide programme of reviewing all vendor contracts - assessing and recommending which areas require improvements.
- Identifying assessing, managing, and reporting risks.
- Taking proactive personal responsibility for 'doing the right thing' in compliance with regulatory requirements and our frameworks and policies.
What we're looking for
- Experience in completing analysis to define clear opportunities to improve service or reduce cost.
- Understanding of how change programmes operate within large organisations.
- An understanding of how third parties operate within large institutions, preferably having had experience working with third party suppliers.
- Understanding of risk principles in an operational environment.
- Experience in working with data and knowledge of digital solutions/techniques to produce actionable insight.
What else you need to know
Given the recent impact of the Coronavirus outbreak we will be conducting all interviews via telephone or video-conference where possible.
This role will be based at Milton Keynes, Bradford or Sheffield.
How we'll reward you
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friend policies visit our website.
At Santander, with only a small action or a simple idea, you can achieve great things. You can improve the daily life of more than 140 million people. You can collaborate with a friendly team of more than 200,000 employees.
It doesn't stop there. You'll also be part of a vibrant organisation that's been reinventing itself for more than 160 years. One that invests millions of pounds in training its people every year. One that helps more than 2 million people every year with social programmes.
We call it #TheSantanderEffect.
Santander are an equal opportunities employer. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people. We have an inclusive culture that aims to make all colleagues feel they belong and can succeed at Santander, and we particularly welcome applications from different underrepresented groups.
For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.
What to do next
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply on the link below.
Due to high volume of applications we may need to close this role earlier than the advertised date, so recommend submitting an application as soon as possible.