Health & Safety Administrator
Changing the way the world thinks about waste
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we're turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It's a view that's shared by our 7,500+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that's always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it's why we're the UK's No. 1 choice for business waste management.
A quick look at the role.
The H&S Administrator supports the business functions and H&S team through a variety of administration and coordination based responsibilities. You will co-operate with other members of the SHQ team and provide guidance and support to implement all elements of safety, health, environment and quality management systems
Why it's an opportunity not to be wasted.
- Liaise with external audit providers and ensure that audit schedules are coordinated and communicated to Business Unit Managers
- Arrange and assist with Group audits and maintain accurate records of action plans and audit reports. Contribute to the Group strategy on external audit.
- Take ownership of the SHEQ mail box and resolve queries from system users and requests for general SHEQ information from operational teams, accreditation submissions and from tender teams
- Preparation of key SHEQ reports including high level executive monthly reports and presentations
- Provision of good quality communications including SHEQ alerts and general learning
- Collation and interpretation of SHEQ data for use in reports.
- Manage the administration of the external audit programme, including maintaining the register of accredited locations, schedule of audits and their bookings.
- Manage, collate, and process the external audit reports, including the raising of non-conformances on the internal system and trend analysis from the reports received.
- Support divisional and site teams with IMS issues
- Provide business with accurate and timely performance reports weekly, monthly and on request
- Support the business by focusing on the Electronic Management Systems, making sure it is accurate, regularly updated and cleansed
- Manage the routine preparation, delivery and reporting of external Safety, Health, Environment & Quality audits.
- Provide coaching/training for all levels of Health & Safety and operational teams to in the use of the Health & Safety Electronic Systems.
- Provide an appropriate level of support and advice (to include assistance on prequalification and tender documentation and evaluation of subcontractor/supplier competence) to the Divisional Bid Teams.
- Support in the preparation and submission applications for external Health, Safety & Environmental awards and accreditation schemes
- Support the Health & Safety team by assisting with communications and presentations as required.
- Purchase Order Management raising of PO's
- PPE ordering and issue for the Health & Safety Team as required
- Support the creation and production of Health & Safety documentation such as toolbox talks, and amendments to Group IMS documents
- Maintain and update Obi Sharepoint, Intranet pages and Biffa Beat news tile app information.
- IOSH Managing Safety or similar approved safety qualification
- Minimum of 3 years' experience operating in a H&S advisory capacity working within high risk operations
- Practical experience of developing SHQ management systems
- Experience of data interrogation and analysis
- High level of IT literacy including advanced Excel and Power Point
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail and time management
- Ability work effectively under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Prepared to travel nationally as and when required
- Ability to work under own motivation
And here's why you'll love it at Biffa.
- Competitive salary with annual review
- Ongoing career development and coaching - because if you don't grow, we don't grow.
- Performance bonus
- Company vehicle or car allowance
- Generous pension scheme
- Private medical and dental scheme
- Retail and leisure discounts
- Holiday and travel discounts
- Bike to work scheme
Dedicated to diversity.
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It's why you'll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.