English & Maths Tutor - Bradford Greengates
Could you make a difference as a tutorat Explore Learning?
Why tutor with Explore?
You'll make a meaningful impact to the lives of children and inspire the next generation of fearless learners.
You'll develop both personally and professionally, gaining valuable experience which could pave the way to our leadership roles, or your next career venture.
You'll be surrounded by inspiring colleagues who all share the same goal, and create a workplace which is vibrant, inclusive and rewarding.
Who we are
In 2001, we opened our first centre where children were surrounded by people who were dedicated to getting learning right for them, and who inspired them to bring about their own success, whatever that looked like. Over the years, we've evolved, adapted and multiplied, having helped over 200,000 children become fearless.
However, the heart of our service remains; we change children's lives bynurturing a love for learning, afearless attitude, and agrowth mindset.
How will you make an impact?
You'll tutor maths and English to groups of up to 6 children of mixed ages (between 4-14), abilities and learning needs. No two learning sessions look the same; some might be delivered one-to-one online, or to a group of children working on different topics in our centre. You may even bring an exciting workshop to life to a lively bunch of budding learners. Whilst the sessions are unique, one thing is for certain - you'll do more than teach. You'll nurture, support and inspire each child along a pathway of growth.
This role is fast-paced, hands-on and varied, and your training and development journey will match. Be ready to roll up your sleeves and embrace every challenge; trust us, it's worth it when you see the progress your members make. From your first week in the role, you'll learn how to lead the learning experience, and you'll think on your feet to adapt to each family. You'll also hone your communication skills to deliver quality feedback to families, and confidently guide our members towards achieving their goals.
Is this the right role for you?
- Are you confident in maths and English, and passionate about working with children in an educational setting?
- Do you have initiative to think on your feet when faced with a challenge?
- Do you enjoy interacting with a range of people, adapting your style to each person?
- Are you willing to learn new skills and action feedback to take ownership of your development?
- Are you aged 16or over, having obtained a minimum grade C/5 in your maths and English GCSE? Please note, you will only be able to do online shifts if you are 17 or over.
- Do you currently live in the UK?
Apply today and tell us why you'd like to tutor with us!
- Most of our tutors work between 8 - 12 hours a week, with many working 20+ hours. You will be able to request as many hours as you'd like as long as it's more than your minimum of 6 contracted weekly hours.
- Your availability and preferences will be matched to the available shifts that your chosen centre has to offer; this usually results in having the same shiftseach week, and the aim is for tutors to work regular weekly hours.
- You'll be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we'll provide you with the training you will need. All applicants will be expected to undertake employment checks, a Disclosure & Barring Service check and provide previous employment references.
- Our hourly rates areGBP5.65-GBP9.00for all centres outside the M25 andGBP6.15-GBP9.50inside M25.
*If the centre you are applying for does not have immediate shifts available, your application will still be processed and considered for a future start date.