Cloud Test Engineer - AWS
Cloud Test Engineer
Full time Permanent
WFH/Remote working, occasional travel to Malvern site
Up to GBP55k basic + benefits
Cloud in the company:
My client has built a cloud-native AWS landing zone, providing staff and customers with access to standardised services, security controls, and patterns for adoptions. They're also looking to expand to Azure and other cloud platforms.
There is a huge drive in the company to adopt cloud technology - alongside others that compliment it, such as Infrastructure as Code, CI/CD of infrastructure and cloud configurations, containerisation, and DevOps generally. They evangelise these technologies internally and to our customers.
About your role:
Your role would be to act as a Test Engineer for project work and the core cloud platform.
Some of the things you would be doing include:
- Implementing DevOps processes/tooling
- Implementing automated testing of cloud native infrastructure and systems.
- Delivering technical best practice with the cloud team
- Testing and examining code written by others and analysing results
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identifying technical problems and instigating fixes
- Working with other engineers to ensure that system development follows established processes and works as intended
- Assisting on the design of cloud infrastructure, responses to bids
- Working other cloud engineers in the company to provide consistent and novel ways of working, design patterns, and cross-team working
The successful candidate will be:
- Experienced in software testing and testing methodologies
- Have experience working with AWS in a professional environment
- A cloud related certification (they're after AWS Solutions Architect Associate or higher)
- In-depth knowledge of automated test tools and appropriateness of use
- Knowledge of multiple modern programming languages (Python, Java, Go, etc)
- Infrastructure as code experience, using tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
Desirable Qualifications and Experiences:
- To gain an advantage, you should look to meet a number of the below:
- Experience in creating infrastructure using DevOps processes/tooling (CI/CD, pipelines etc)
- Specialised AWS certifications
- Experience of containerisation and microservices
- Experience leading Agile environments and implementing processes in associated tooling
- Experience of software, systems or data design
- Experience of other cloud platforms (Azure, GCP)
Above all, a desire to learn new skills and motivation to be at the forefront of cloud related technology is paramount.