Wood Machinist - Wisbech - Cambridgeshire
Harvey Jones Kitchens have hand built more than 15,000 bespoke kitchens and know exactly what it takes to deliver furniture that our clients are proud to use and have in their homes. We craft kitchens in five simple, beautifully made designs. They are built to last using traditional construction techniques, and each design can be customised and personalised to their clients' exact needs and tastes. We are a growing company with 31 showrooms across the UK, and our award-winning ranges and projects are regularly featured across magazines, newspapers and design websites.
We are currently looking for a Wood Machinist to be based at their workshop in Wisbech, Cambridgeshire, to undertake the machining and assembly of solid wood kitchen frames and doors.
Experience is essential. To apply you must have a carpentry/joinery background and woodworking machinery knowledge.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To machine and assemble kitchen frames and doors using a variety of materials including tulipwood, Oak and MDF.
2. To help colleagues within the team as and when required but to also work effectively alone.
3. To maintain a high standard of workmanship but work at a pace to contribute to the productivity bonus.
4. Ensure your work area is always clean and tidy.
5. To ensure all work is always of the highest standard.
6. Minimise ineffective/down time.
7. Always adhere to the Company's Health and Safety policies.
8. To undertake overtime working at busy times as required.
9. Develop a culture of exceeding customer's expectations.
10. Maintain a good morale amongst the team with good employee relations and clear communication.
11. To undertake duties in other departments as requested by the management team.
12. To undertake any necessary training required to meet expectations of role when/if requested.
- 40 hrs per week. Mon - Thu 7.00- 16.00, Fri 7.00 - 13.00
- Any hours worked over the standard 40hrs is paid at time and a half.
- Permanent contract.
- Day off on your birthday.
- Pension scheme.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holiday) increasing to a maximum of 33 with years of service.
- 12 weeks training period.
- Hourly pay + Production Bonus.