Associate Lecturer in IT
We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Lecturer in IT (Bank) - Catch Up Sessions to join us at Crawley College. You will join us on a Bank basis and in return, you will receive a competitive hourly rate of GBP18.02 - GBP31.62 per hour.
The Chichester College Group is the largest provider of further education in Sussex and is comprised of 5 Colleges based at Chichester, Crawley, Worthing, Haywards Heath and Brinsbury near Pulborough which is land-based. Through our Colleges, we educate and train around 25,000 full and part-time students every year and provide teaching excellence to meet the future needs of the regions' employers.
In return for joining us as our Associate Lecturer in IT (Bank) - Catch Up Sessions, we will offer you:
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave package
- Discounted private medical care
- Subsidised gym membership plus more
As our Associate Lecturer in IT (Bank) - Catch Up Sessions, you will support and develop the area to deliver outstanding teaching, learning and assessment. You will be required to undertake teaching, and related duties that fully support students throughout their learning journey and provide them with a high quality learning experience. A significant collaboration with local employers is envisaged to support the students' career development.
Key responsibilities of our Associate Lecturer in IT (Bank) - Catch Up Sessions:
- Undertake teaching and learning related activities, including tutoring, as agreed.
- Ensure that appropriate learning materials are prepared and assessments and assignments are undertaken in a timely manner.
- Undertake administration and provide reports and statistics regarding student and teaching matters in a timely manner.
- Deliver best practice in curricula and learning activities, taking into consideration links with employers and work-related activities.
- Understand personal responsibilities in relation to Safeguarding.
- Prepare, implement and monitor individual education plans so that a young person's needs are met.
- Assist in the development of teaching materials ensuring quality and consistency of approach.
- Complete all documentation as required to meet the needs of the College and relevant external bodies.
- Manage the teaching environment ensuring security of equipment and that health and safety requirements are met.
- Liaise with staff and external organisations, as appropriate.
- Prepare documentation and correspondence to support the core business and administration of the area and ensure that information is sent out in a timely manner.
- Provide support when necessary to ensure that area and cross-college events, such as Welcome Events and Open Days, run smoothly.
Our ideal Associate Lecturer in IT (Bank) - Catch Up Sessions should have the below skills and experience:
GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths at grade C or above
Teaching qualification such as Cert Ed or PGCE, or willingness to work towards
Degree or demonstrable level of expertise in the area of Computing
Experience of working within an administrative role
Experience of working within a customer focused environment
Knowledge in any area of Computing
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Outlook and primarily Excel
Knowledge of safeguarding young people and vulnerable adults
If you would like to learn more about our Associate Lecturer in IT (Bank) - Catch Up Sessions role then please click 'Apply' today!
Closing date: Wednesday17th June 2021
Interview date: TBC
All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, which may include a check of the barred lists and any relevant overseas checks.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer.