This is a great opportunity to join our FMCG business based at our Head Office in Northolt, we are a vibrant team, passionate about delivering great service to our customers and colleagues.
We are one of the UK's most respected food importers, distributors and brand-builders, representing over 100 brands across 13 categories, with an extensive portfolio of products sourced from across the world.
We are looking for a Finance Assistant focusing on data entry (circa GBP23k pa) to join our small Finance team on a full-time basis.
Duties will include:
- Invoicing: Customer invoicing in the accounting system and on EDI portal.
- Bank monitoring: checking the bank accounts daily and making necessary ledger entries on accounting system.
- Bank monitoring: book cash applications to customer invoices.
- Monitoring shared finance mailbox: ensure emails are monitored and appropriately actioned.
- Credit control: To work with your team and the Sales team to minimise late payment, and if required, take the relevant escalation actions.
- Purchases: working with Sales & Marketing to ensure that expense invoices from customers are reviewed, matched & authorised, before payments are made.
- Raise debit notes or invoices to suppliers for Recharges.
- Troubleshooting: dealing with telephone enquiries and respond or channel as appropriate.
- Customer accounts: Help oversee and manage individual accounts.
- Payments: Taking debit/credit card payments using electronic terminal.
- Reports: ensuring the Finance manager is provided with timely, relevant and accurate data for the reports that may be required, such as month-end reports or Aged debtors.
- Administrative: Preparing mail, by franking ready for Royal Mail collection, when required, alongside assisting in any other administrative tasks.
- Efficiencies and initiative: Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency and cost reductions.
- To undertake any other duties as appropriate within their competence as required by their line manager.
The successful candidate will have 12-18 months previous experience in a similar role and ideally familiar with Sage. You'll thrive working within a small team, demonstrate great attention to detail, a great communicator and bring a willingness to learn.
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word is essential.