Accounts Payable Controller
- Receive all supplier's invoices and highlight any that require urgent action (e.g. damages being charged which need passing onto company customers)
- Approve all supplier invoices with reference to purchase order system and seek to resolve all invoice queries internally before putting into dispute.
- Follow the process and procedures when dealing with all queries
- Follow the process and procedure when entering onto the accounting system.
- Liaise with Accounts Payable Manager to ensure that every due payment reaches suppliers before the due date, and complete transactions by logging payments made correctly onto Sage.
- Introduce corrective measures to reduce invoice queries or disputes.
- Enter Petty Cash totals onto ledger at month end.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments.
- Comply with all company procedures and policies.
Software Knowledge and Level of Proficiency
- Sound computer skills, including MS Word, Outlook, Excel, Office 365 applications
- Good knowledge on Screen share applications - Teamviewer / Zoom / MS Teams
- Sage Accounting