Social Media Manager
We are excited to be recruiting for a Social Media Manager to join our forward-thinking, passionate and vibrant team here at the Adventure Division of Travelopia!
Travelopia is a pioneer in the specialist travel sector, with a portfolio of independently operated brands, most of which are leaders in their sector. Sailing adventures, safaris, sightseeing tours, Arctic expeditions - our brands are as diverse as they are exciting, creating unforgettable experiences for customers across the world.The UK Adventure division constitutes the Exodus Travels, Exodus Edits and Headwater Holidays brands, and offers a diverse range of experiences to a wide range of discerning customers in multiple markets. We live and breathe our values which are;
- To bring happiness
- To be ambitious
- To be passionate
- To take responsibility
It's an exciting time to join as we are entering a time of pent-up demand for international travel, which means big growth opportunities across the brands, and big growth opportunities in marketing. There are new marketing channels to open up, incredible adventure images and video to be utilised, astonishing levels of customer satisfaction & heaps of passion for the brands. It all makes the marketing department a great place to work.
To ensure inclusivity and to mitigate against unconscious bias all candidate personal information will be removed for the initial selection process of this role.
What you'll be doing:
As Social Media Manager you'll manage our communities across social media platforms, creating inspiring content that engages audiences, and delivering paid campaigns that drive commercial objectives. You'll run all aspects of social marketing, acquiring new customers into the brands and driving bookings from existing customers. You'll also own the relationship and campaign calendar for influencer collaborations across all brands.
You'll take responsibility for:
- Organic Social Media content strategy, production and delivery
- Paid Social Media strategy, production and delivery
- Influencer Marketing strategy and delivery
- Performance of your channels, ensuring that ROI is always measured & maximised.
- Briefing the creative team (with clear definition of aims, audience, insights, messaging, format).
- Channel budget
- Working with satellite offices to ensure consistent global messaging, approving local amends where required.
Social Media (Paid & Organic)
- Manage and deliver the social media strategic direction of the Travelopia Adventure division, comprising Exodus Travels, Exodus Edits and Headwater Holidays.
- Plan, source/create and deliver all content on social media (including, but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, Pinterest) for multiple brands.
- Produce regular branded content (imagery, copy) for all social channels and brief creative team for more complex content (graphic design, video) where required.
- Own paid social advertising and deliver ad campaigns across Facebook, Instagram and other digital and social channels.
- Monitor community engagement and respond to queries, messages and comments in a timely manner.
- Track spend, review performance stats regularly and take ownership for channel improvement.
- Ensure that Paid social delivers against acquisition targets, and that Organic delivers against retention targets.
- Work with wider marketing team to integrate social messaging with overall campaigns.
- Work with creative team to ensure our content draws the eye and is always on-message, and utilises the latest and most appropriate format options and commercial imperatives to drive bookings.
- Monitor our competitors' channels and out-perform them.
- Collaborate closely and positively with our North American team to ensure we have a global brand strategy in social.
- Build relationships with key influencers of our brands' target markets, including content partners/affiliates, social influencers, bloggers and vloggers
- Deliver effective influencer campaigns, attaining the widest reach possible and greatest response.
- Monitor trends and current best practice to ensure our brands are represented effectively, with credibility, and are compliant with latest ASA guidance.
What we're looking for:
- Extensive experience in paid social advertising, testing and learning best formats, targeting/audiences, frequency, media buy type etc
- Strong copywriting skills and an aptitude for capturing brand and platform tone of voice in all social media communications.
- Hands on experience creating/producing social media content across a range of platforms.
- An eye for stories/content/trends that engage our target audiences.
- Highly organised, with the ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Budget management experience including planning, forecasting and rephasing.
- Demonstrable ability to review and respond to performance results and customer insight, to improve future activity.
- Focused on emerging trends in digital and social media and excited about constantly testing new formats and learning from results.
- An excellent communicator at all levels with good interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- A positive, proactive, can-do individual who brings energy to the team and is a very strong collaborator
- Natural appetite for working at pace, delivering timely insights and recommendations.
- A flexible team-orientated approach willing to support colleagues across all teams with key projects as directed and required.
- Desirable Skills/qualification
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop/Creative Suite, Canva or similar.
- Experience creating content for a varied range of target audience demographics.
- Knowledge of Google Display Network
- Knowledge of the influencer sphere and an understanding of their drivers/motivations.
- Prior experience working with influencers with audiences linked to travel would be an advantage.
We are passionate about travel, sustainability, and customer experience. If your skills match what we're looking for, apply today! There is no better time to join us...