Title: Plant Buyer, Camberley
We're looking for an experienced Plant Buyer to support our client in Camberley. You will be responsible for managing the plant categories in terms of range offering, pricing, promotional activity, and supplier management in conjunction with the wider team.
Duties will include:
- Work closely with Senior stakeholders including the Retail Operations Director and the wider plant buying team to ensure that all plant ranges offered are compelling, appropriate, available and customer focused
- Take responsibility for buying and delivering designated categories managing the end to end processes from range planning and supplier sourcing through to annual range launch delivery and working closely with the plant nursery and warehouse logistics
- Track all KPI's and continually monitor and evaluate sales and profit figures on a weekly/monthly basis to ensure budgets are being met. Work with the team to propose action where necessary to ensure business financial targets are achieved
- Provide ongoing website and competitor analysis, ensuring appropriate pricing, margin, and quality of plants on all sites and identifying gaps and opportunities to drive sales and profitability
- Consistently demonstrate insight of competitors, target customers and market dynamics ensuring a good level of specific category and market knowledge
What we are looking for:
- Good knowledge of Plant buying, ideally with 3+ years' experience
- Ideally holds ND qualification in Hardy Nursery stock
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate (Excel & Word)
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work to time pressures in a fast moving and rapidly changing market
- Basic level financial awareness and ability to interpret data
- Good interpersonal skills - a team player
- Driving licence
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.