Laboratory Support Staff- No experience necessary
Laboratory Support Staff - No Experience Necessary
Our client is seeking applications from candidates to join their COVID team as Laboratory Support staff. Full training is provided so no previous experience is necessary. There various opportunities within Laboratory Support which include Laboratory Co-ordinators, Data In-put Technicians, PCR Admin and Witnesses. No previous lab-based experience is necessary as full-training is provided. These are laboratory support roles it is NOT essential to have a Science background.
They are looking for people who are highly motivated, with a good eye for detail who can think on their feet. These roles are temporary initially. There is the possibility of these roles becoming permanent for those who perform well.
All our client’s COVID lab roles require flexibility to work a shift pattern including day and night shifts. Rotas are done in advance and you will always have days off between day shifts and night shifts. Most night shift hours pay a higher rate of pay.
These roles will be based at our client’s Laboratory based in Chelsea, London.
A sample of the duties for the above functions include:
- Retrieving samples from accessioning
- Stock management and replenishment for each station and lab area
- Keep a track of sample location and current progression
- Using lab software to input work lists
- Scanning COVID sample barcodes
- Cross check (witness) sample paperwork
- Cross-check placement of samples
- Reviewing data
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly motivated, independent and proactive
- Strong work ethic and self-starter; able to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced environment
- Educated to at least A-Level or equivalent
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Flexibility to work a shift pattern
- Excellent time management
About Our Client:
Our client is passionate about improving global health and saving lives through the development of innovative and pioneering products. Through their commitment and the skill of their people, they have grown to be a world leader in diagnostics for clinical healthcare, toxicology, food security and providing quality solutions to over 145 countries. In order to serve their growing international markets, they require high calibre applicants with scientific, engineering, software and broader business skills – including sales, marketing, logistics, finance and many more.
Central to our client’s ethos is their drive to improve healthcare worldwide and every one of their staff plays a vital role in this aim.
Our client is an Equal Opportunities Employer
To apply as Laboratory Support Staff, please select the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Laboratory Co-ordinator, Data In-put Technician, PCR Administrator, Laboratory Technician, or Lab Assistant.