Senior Health & Safety Consultant
Senior Health & Safety Consultant
Location: Sheffield (Meadowhall) but will consider remote and home working
Hours: 08:30 - 17:00 (Monday to Friday)
Salary: GBP32000 basic with additional income based on product recommendations.
Do you hold a CMIOSH Membership of equivalent? Do you have a passion for safety management? Are you looking to work for a business who love to invest in their people? Then look no further!
HS Direct provides Health & Safety and Employment Law software solutions along with consultancy to SMEs across the UK. We started off as a small family-run business in 2004 and since then, the company has seen year-on-year growth and we now have over 7000 active clients (but we still have the family feel!)
Having recently been awarded a Best Companies engagement accreditation that demonstrates we offer a fun & supportive working environment to help you be at your best whilst making our client's businesses even better.
We pride ourselves on our high levels of customer service, professional conduct, and our friendly working environment, where our philosophy is "everyone is on the same team".
This role is to manage the content and quality of the company's Health & Safety output whilst also supporting HS Direct Ltd potential and existing clients with Health & and Safety matters.
* Assist other departments by keeping the company advice, products &
* Marketing in line with regulatory change and industry best practice
* Work alongside other departments in our group to ensure organisation best
* practice is undertaken
* Work alongside the senior management team to ensure that the company's
* strategy is met whilst its values are maintained
* Provide advice and support to potential and existing clients through verbal
* and written communications (telephone, email, written reports, etc)
* Carry out document writing on client's request as indicated by HS Direct Ltd
* Board of Directors or Head of Departments
* Provide training of hard and soft skills to a team of Health & Safety consultants
* as required
* To carry out site visits to clients to undertake the following: Health & Safety
* Audits, Accreditation Assistance visits, Health & Safety Training, Accident
* Investigation and other Health & Safety related consultancy services
* To support HS Direct Ltd clients in the achievement of Health and Safety and
* supply chain accreditations
* Ensure Internal Contact Management system data is complete and up to date
* Maintain a positive attitude and promote company values whilst displaying
* the mark of the organisation
* To comply with internal processes and procedures in line with the data
* protection act
* To maintain and manage own CPD during consultancy works
* To report to Head of Department
* Any reasonable request from a Director
* Whilst carrying out main duties and responsibilities, identify additional income
opportunities for self and HS Direct Ltd in general. Where appropriate create ongoing relationships with customers leading to suitable products & services being sold
* CMIOSH Membership of equivalent
* Hard working nature
* Cohesive team worker
* Sound working knowledge of relevant
* health & safety legislation, industry
* standards and approved codes of
* Ability to travel and stay overnight on
* Excellent telephone manner
* Full Driving License
* Flexible approach to problem-solving
* Ability to be able to prioritise workload
* Construction, Manufacturing or Supply
Industry background knowledge
* Basic to intermediate computer skills
You will hold a CMIOSH membership or equivalent, be passionate about Health & safety and always doing the right thing, be an excellent communicator with a flawless telephone manner and be a team player with the ability to support our successful and dedicated team.
Think you have got what it takes? Apply below!