Raw Materials Buyer
Adecco Recruitment is privileged to be working along with this established Morecambe-based manufacturing & distribution company. A major supplier of critical equipment, particularly in the medical sector. With a proven experience the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate previous success.
- Purchase goods, raw materials, components, or services in line with specified cost, quality, and delivery targets
- Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact business operations
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes and new projects and activities
- Monitor and advice on any issues which present risk or opportunity to the organisation
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies, and market suppliers
- Provide analysis on costs, new and existing, and review cost reduction activities
- Prepare reports and updates as and when required
- Work closely with others in the procurement function and review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements
- Adhere to any health, safety, and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of self, staff, and visitors
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies, and procedures during supplier negotiations and contracts award process.
- Conduct research for new components and suppliers
- Compile data relating to supplier performance to enable evaluation
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and contribute to performance reviews to ensure contract compliance
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issue
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.