First Milk is a wholly British farmer-owned dairy co-operative with a vision to create value for members by delivering long-term prosperity in the form of success, profitability, security and wellbeing.
Owned by the family farms that supply us with milk and invest capital in the business, we produce award-winning cheddar, regional cheeses and dairy ingredients, as well as marketing fresh raw milk to many other UK dairy processors.
We work together as one team, with a relentless focus on efficiency and quality, to deliver competitive total returns to our farmer members. We put customers at the heart of our business, creating value through strong, long-term partnerships.
We are currently looking for a Membership Administrator to join our team on a full-time basis.
- Competitive salary
- 26 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Company laptop and mobile phone
As a farmer-owned business, our vision is to work together to deliver prosperity. Everything we do, every day, is about delivering competitive returns, security and stability for our farmers.
In this important role, you’ll act as a trusted advisor to our farmer members, providing them with the support and guidance they need to succeed.
We have a strong focus on learning and development and will support you to increase your knowledge and skill set. You’ll receive a comprehensive induction and will have the chance to shadow experienced team members and see how they support our members first-hand.
As a Membership Administrator, you will deliver a high-quality service to First Milk members and support them to operate at their best.
Reporting to the Membership Manager, you will act as the first point of contact for members and ensure their needs are met promptly and efficiently. You will conduct member payment checks and calculations as well as sending mailings, communications and arranging meetings.
Additionally, you will:
- Calculate and process member capital accounts and trades
- Respond to queries regarding Anglia Farmers’ credit limits and referrals
- Co-ordinate the unmarketable milk scheme, calculations, payments and charges
- Deal with general queries for milk quality, including testing and results notification service and milk quality appeals
- Advise relevant authorities when breaches of standards occur
To join us as a Membership Administrator, you will need:
- Good interpersonal skills and the confidence to communicate with dairy farmers both over the phone and face to face
- To be fully computer literate, with particular emphasis on Excel, Word, Outlook and Teams
- The ability to understand and calculate averages and percentages
- To be self-motivated and able to work on your own initiative
- The ability to work remotely as part of a team
Prior knowledge of the dairy industry and of using Survey Monkey and Mailchimp would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Membership Services Advisor, Member Services Executive, Customer Service Executive, or Membership Services Administrator.
Webrecruit and First Milk are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Membership Administrator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.