QA Senior Test Analyst
Overview of role
This role reports directly to the QA Functional Test Manager and works as part of the QA team within the IT Solutions team. Working with technical and non-technical teams throughout the University this role will be a key member of QA and approached as an expert in this area
The QA Test Lead role is responsible for identifying and defining the required testing across a number of Portfolios. The role involves executing and monitoring the testing coverage and evaluating the overall quality for any new or changed applications through the resulting testing evidence.
Some travel may be required for meetings and training (predominately between Quintrell Downs and university campuses in London).
The main objectives will be:-
- Creation and maintenance of test documentation for a variety of project and change deliverables.
- Assist in the governance of all test activities through the life cycle of the projects
- Execute all types of functional testing and maintain the scripts during the test phases.
- Provide mentoring and support to test analysts within the team
- To drive excellence across IT Solutions and Service Management as a whole.
- To feed into the Test process Improvement review per project and within the QA team.
- To undertake all system test related activities in support of the business requirements.
- To undertake functional and integration testing, and liaison with project stakeholders to ensure appropriate test coverage.
- To undertake Quality Assurance checks during third-party supplier and internal developments to ensure that only fit-for-purpose' code is delivered into Production environments.
- To attend workshops comprising business and or technical representatives to cover test-dependent activities such as requirement verification and prioritisation, test scenario identification and general matters.
- To ensure that test scenarios and scripts are prepared in a structured way, prioritised to reflect business or technical priorities and are approved by appropriate stakeholders.
- To create allocated test scripts, monitor test execution and ensure results are recorded.
- To understand, capture, and re-test defects and issues and co-ordinate defect capture and re-test during end-user testing phase.
- To prepare and maintain relevant test documentation.
- To liaise with and assist project stakeholders regarding the test planning, testing activity, and test results analysis
- To support other test team members and associated IT and Business resources as appropriate to the implementation of testing related activities.
- To carry out other tasks as agreed with the QA Functional Test Manager
Key skills and experience required
(E) - Essential
(D) - Desirable
- Experience operating in a dedicated software tester role within multiple programmes/project of work. (E)
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to influence, motivate and inspire. (E)
- Ability to plan, design, execute and report upon all levels of testing - DEV, SIT, UAT, OAT and Prod. (E)
- Ability to lead on Bug Management and Triage activities. (E)
- Comfortable leading stakeholders and non-technical communities. (E)
- Experience of SDLC methodologies and the ability to work within agile, iterative, waterfall. (E)
- Experience of working with enterprise scale applications in the cloud or locally hosted. (E)
- Experience working with test management tools such as ADO, ALM utilising Kanban. (E)
- Experience working with dedicated test environments and an understanding of the promotion strategy between them. (E)
- Ability to identify and manage priorities. (E)
- Innovative and proactive approach to work. (E)
- Experience of other HE applications eg, Moodle, Timetabling, etc. (D)
- Formal IT qualifications (ITIL, ISTQB, etc) of foundation or above. (D)
- Experience of managing test environments (VM ware, Azure, VDI, SV). (D)
- Knowledge of automation technologies (Selenium, UFT, Cucumber). (D)
- Knowledge of performance test technologies (JMeter, LoadRunner, NEOLoad, BlazeMeter, LoadRunner). (D)
- Knowledge of project management methodologies. (D)
- Direct involvement in implementing and governing testing processes and best practice. (D)
- Good knowledge of all testing levels within Functional and Non-Functional testing disciplines. (D)