Fundraising Job, Permanent Job, Public Sector, Marketing Job, GBP25,000, Portsmouth
Your new company
We are delighted to be working with an excellent local organisation who are looking for a Community Fundraising Officer on a permanent basis. This represents an exciting opportunity to work with a fantastic Public Sector organisation as they embark on a period of growth within their Marketing team.
Your new role
Reporting into the Fundraising Lead, your responsibilities will be:
- Supporting individuals, families, small businesses in the local community wishing to organise their own fundraising activities
- Developing and planning community fundraising schedules of activity to generate income and awareness
- Recruiting, developing and managing Support Group Members and supporting volunteer fundraisers across the local community
- To identify appropriate events in the local community where they can exhibit and promote the range of services and fundraising opportunities
- Coordinating fundraising materials and resources for community events and Support Group activities
- Organising and attending community fundraising events to raise income and brand awareness
- Owning allocated campaigns and projects through to completion and evaluate success or output using various metrics
- Leading raffles throughout the year
- Sourcing stories and photographs from supporters, fundraising activity/event participants, for marketing and communication use across all channels
- Administrative tasks and keeping the database relevant and up to date
What you'll need to succeed
The successful candidate will need:
- Proven experience as a community fundraising officer or in a similar role
- Solid knowledge of fundraising techniques and principles
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and CRM
- Excellent organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Creativity and commercial awareness
- A team player with a customer-oriented approach
- Degree or QBE desirable
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, as well as a variety of additional company benefits. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual in this profession who is looking to further develop their skills in a supportive environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.