- Place purchase orders to meet customer forecast requirements and negotiate best terms with the suppliers.
- Deliver purchase cost savings annually.
- Manage and deliver carriage and delivery costs savings.
- Demonstrate strong direct relationships with suppliers.
- Maintain the supplier and product code lists.
- Advise Sales & Marketing of supplier promotions and campaigns.
- On time delivery of products and materials from all suppliers.
- Daily communication with sales and marketing on customer demand and requirements.
- Oversee and control daily dispatch schedule, picking and packing of products.
- Liaise with couriers to ensure that shipping/delivery is carried out as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Accuracy in product purchases and maintaining system accuracy on purchase order log.
- Ensure and maintain correct supplier details, contacts & pricing on all products and material.
- Manage and ensure goods are received in good order and placed in the correct holding area.
- Timely matching of invoices to accurately record costs.
- Enter all supplier invoices daily and close orders.
- Manage and resolve any supplier queries or order anomalies relating to price and quantity variances.
- Check off supplier statements as they come in and chase for any missing invoices.
- Process timely supplier payment runs in sterling and foreign currency.